Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mbommoy
resident

[QUESTION] repeatedly collapsed patient cannot be treated with the same treatment Empty [QUESTION] repeatedly collapsed patient cannot be treated with the same treatment

Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:33 am
I am in the middle of an event and don't want to have anyone dead.
One patient collapsed and was transported to the ICU. He was stabilized and I treated him with Life Support. A few hours later, he collapsed again. Treating him with Life Support was no longer an option. Since no one came fast enough, I hired a doctor on the spot to treat him with whatever he could. He was stabilized. A few hours later, he collapsed again. Again, Life Support was not an option. A technician was closest from him and performed First Aid, but he died of coma. I reloaded the game multiple times hoping for any luck or make any changes, but he always dies every time. If I could re-select First Aid as treatment, he probably could live.
Is there a way to manually re-select the Life Support for treatment? I just don't him to die.
I tried to upload my log, but the message says that I have exceeded total storage space. I am not going to even bother uploading my saved game file.
Let me know what I can do.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] repeatedly collapsed patient cannot be treated with the same treatment Empty Re: [QUESTION] repeatedly collapsed patient cannot be treated with the same treatment

Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:47 am
Hi, the Life Support treatment is already active, so it can't be prescribed twice. This usually means that there's another symptom causing the collapses and if left untreated, the patient will keep getting worse. First aid is just the name of the collapse treatment procedure the staff perform, not an actual treatment.

Maybe a more clear example: if a patient is bleeding heavily, they will develop a hypovolemic shock. You can treat the shock by ordering blood infusion, but if you don't stop the bleeding itself, the patient will quickly get worse again.

I hope this explains the system a bit better - and you can try to quickly identify and treat the underlying condition.
mbommoy
resident

[QUESTION] repeatedly collapsed patient cannot be treated with the same treatment Empty problem solved

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am
If Life Support were to be active, it should be coloured yellow. Since its colour is in light blue, it is not activated.
However, I found another way to keep him alive. When I constantly performed Physical Diagnosis, the doctor was always near the patient and was able to treat the patient in timely manner. This way, the patient was able to save his life from collapsing.
Sponsored content

[QUESTION] repeatedly collapsed patient cannot be treated with the same treatment Empty Re: [QUESTION] repeatedly collapsed patient cannot be treated with the same treatment

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum