Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord Counta
medic

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Constantly Collapsed Patient Empty [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Constantly Collapsed Patient

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:57 pm
This was first reported on Steam, but I wanted to support your development by giving you my save. So, I was first having an issue with doctors and nurses performing "Performing First Aid" endlessly on patients that were no longer there. The staff refused to move on and carry out their jobs even when their workstations were switched, their tasks reordered, or their work hours altered. They were truly stuck. An example of this is the general surgery doctor Karen Moore.

Then I thought that perhaps it would be better to just fire the stuck staff, and now it simply says that the staff is fired, but they are not leaving. Even worse, the workstation won't make a free slot for rehiring. The fired staff is still active on the workstation, but they can't be moved or re-fired. The name of the fired staff member is Linda Gonzales (Cardio nurse).

But, even if I could rehire the staff again, it would still be a bad fix for a bad problem. The staff gets stuck, and the more that are stuck the greater are the repercussions. The collapsed patient isn't dying or removed, and the staff is gridlocked.

I'm not sure if the log is correctly added, but I will try. Btw, the save is completely unmodded, but has DLC:s. The save was however started with DLC:s, so it has started out fresh.
Attachments
[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Constantly Collapsed Patient Attachment
Counta II.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.1 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Constantly Collapsed Patient Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(29 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Constantly Collapsed Patient Empty Re: [RESOLVED NOT A BUG]Constantly Collapsed Patient

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:01 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Lord Counta wrote:This was first reported on Steam, but I wanted to support your development by giving you my save. So, I was first having an issue with doctors and nurses performing "Performing First Aid" endlessly on patients that were no longer there. The staff refused to move on and carry out their jobs even when their workstations were switched, their tasks reordered, or their work hours altered. They were truly stuck. An example of this is the general surgery doctor Karen Moore.

Then I thought that perhaps it would be better to just fire the stuck staff, and now it simply says that the staff is fired, but they are not leaving. Even worse, the workstation won't make a free slot for rehiring. The fired staff is still active on the workstation, but they can't be moved or re-fired. The name of the fired staff member is Linda Gonzales (Cardio nurse).

But, even if I could rehire the staff again, it would still be a bad fix for a bad problem. The staff gets stuck, and the more that are stuck the greater are the repercussions. The collapsed patient isn't dying or removed, and the staff is gridlocked.

I'm not sure if the log is correctly added, but I will try. Btw, the save is completely unmodded, but has DLC:s. The save was however started with DLC:s, so it has started out fresh.

Hi and thank you for your report. I looked at the save and good news is that this is not actually a bug. What is happening is that you have two patients at your cardiology department that cannot be treated (pop up alerting that they will be transferred away), because they can't be transferred to HDU (needed for surgery), because it is full. And you also have one more collapsing patient (Rachel Baker), that was also send away, same as Casey Barkley. All of the staff is staying by the patients and they will leave once the patients will be transferred away. (for me it was around 22:30) Because all of the patients are very far away from the ambulance point it just takes more time to transfer all of them away. So some optimization to your hospital could help in situations like this one. Hope it helped.
And we will look into the possibility to make this situation more readable to players, probably some text explaining more what is happening with collapsing patients.

Lord Counta likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum