Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sezimodo
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Not getting a refund for deleted items Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Not getting a refund for deleted items

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Helllo!

I seem to have a bug in my main game whereby I delete an item such as a scanner and I don't get any refunds.

Anyone got any ideas? I've run into a huge debt and I need to sell off some departments.

Sarah
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Not getting a refund for deleted items Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Not getting a refund for deleted items

Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:36 am
Hi, thanks for your message and joining the forum to let us know about the problem!

First, as this is the first time I remember hearing about anything similar, could you check if you have any mods installed that could possibly change this? There's a "tweakable" value that sets refund levels and at least one mod on the workshop overrides it (but to 100%, in the opposite direction).

If you're seeing this in the vanilla game, could you please attach the log file from the game after you see it happen the next time and/or the save itself so we can have a look? Here's how to find the files on your machine:
https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t717-how-to-report-bugs
sezimodo
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Not getting a refund for deleted items Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Not getting a refund for deleted items

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:17 am
Sorry what's the vanilla game?

I've not made any mods I don't know how to. Is there a file I should check?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:34 am
sezimodo wrote:Sorry what's the vanilla game?

I've not made any mods I don't know how to. Is there a file I should check?

Hi, I meant just the plain base game (or with official DLCs), not modified by any extra content from the Steam Workshop. (Although feel free to have a look in the future, there's a lot of good stuff there). Smile

So yes, we'd definitely like to have a look at the log file and the save, hopefully you'll have no issues looking these up. To upload them to the forum, please use the "Reply to topic" button below instead of the Quick Reply field, that should get you to the file upload dialog. Thanks in advance!
sezimodo
intern

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:39 pm
Hi,

My dearest husband has said he changed the tweakables file. He changed a few settings including the refunds line to 100%, but he only changed the number.

Is there a copy of the tweakables somewhere that i can replace the whole file with just incase thats the issue?

I've uploaded the log file for you, thank you for the instrutions!

Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO] Not getting a refund for deleted items Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(677 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:59 am
Hi, thanks for the update! Yes, this definitely looks like it could be responsible - btw, the log file just shows the game running normally, I can't find any errors related to the building mode.

Probably the quickest way to restore the tweakables file to defaults would be to "verify integrity of game files" on Steam (in Project Hospital properties, under LOCAL FILES), this restores the installation without affecting saved games. Let your husband take note of which changes he made first though in case you'd like to reuse them - then I'd suggest doing the changes one by one and checking if everything still works after each modification. Smile

If this doesn't help, please let me know!

sezimodo
intern

Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:39 am
Will do. As far as I can see the building refund percentage is at 90. I'm wondering if there should have been a separate line for items refund.

My husband has had his wrists slapped. He can tweak his games but not touch mine now 🤣
sezimodo
intern

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:30 pm
I've restored the files, but it still isn't working. Steps to reproduce:

Enter build mode, items tab, then click the dustbin. Then select a plant to delete. Item is removed but no money goes back in the bank whilst still in build mode, or when returning to the game play. Tweakables have all been reset to refund 50%

Any thoughts?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:47 pm
Hi, I double-checked in the latest version of the game, but everything works as expected.

I just realized though that there's one case where this behavior would happen and would be perfectly normal, which is if you start the game with the "Free building" option. Equipment doesn't cost anything then but also deleting doesn't refund anything. Could you please double check this isn't the case here? If you select your save in the load game window, the first of the checkboxes above the LOAD button should show if the save had this selected.

Btw, when you delete the objects/equipment, does as green floating "$0" show up or not? If not, it probably means free building is on.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum