Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
OMGtechy
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Stuck  "preparing for surgery" Empty [NEED MORE INFO]Stuck "preparing for surgery"

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:10 am
My doctors spend most of their time stuck in "preparing for surgery". Eventually they break out of it and actually go do some surgery, but it's well beyond reasonable. I have a free operating theatre and the other staff are availab,e so there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to just go.
[NEED MORE INFO]Stuck  "preparing for surgery" Untitl13
OMGtechy
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Stuck  "preparing for surgery" Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Stuck "preparing for surgery"

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:12 am
Here is the save in case it helps.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO]Stuck  "preparing for surgery" Attachment
nou.zip Save game.You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.2 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
OMGtechy
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Stuck  "preparing for surgery" Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Stuck "preparing for surgery"

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:13 am
From watching their behaviour, it looks like they're waiting for the one currently in use to be free, then waiting for the nurses to arrive. The latter is somewhat reasonable (although they could be preparing...as per their status), the former appears to be the bug.
OMGtechy
resident

Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:05 pm
I just noticed 2 surgeries happening at the same time, a couple of game days later, so it's clearly *possible*. Bug appears intermittent, or perhaps there's some circumstance I'm missing.
[NEED MORE INFO]Stuck  "preparing for surgery" Untitl14
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:56 am
OMGtechy wrote:I just noticed 2 surgeries happening at the same time, a couple of game days later, so it's clearly *possible*. Bug appears intermittent, or perhaps there's some circumstance I'm missing.
[NEED MORE INFO]Stuck  "preparing for surgery" Untitl14

Hi and thank your for the report and save. In the save you have only one Operating room so I cant reproduce the issue. But having tried on our development branch, everything is working as it should. And yes multiple surgeries can happen at the same time. So a save with that issue happening would be much appreciated.
When staff is preparing for surgery, they can wait for multiple things such as : Everyone needed for the surgery to be at a workplace. Free operating room and a nurse (not part of the surgery team) to transport the patient. Can you please double check if that not might be the case?
OMGtechy
resident

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:27 pm
Hello,

There are two theatres, they are just next to each other. You can see them in the screenshots.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:47 pm
OMGtechy wrote:Hello,

There are two theatres, they are just next to each other. You can see them in the screenshots.

Hi, yes my mistake. I already had a save with the same name and thought that I already downloaded it.
Looking into the save I can see that you only have 3 surgery nurses for the night shift. And two of them are in surgery. And the last one was getting a stretcher.
You need at least 4 surgery nurses to have two complete teams. When I hired additional surgery nurses the surgery started immediately. Well I also had to build one more operating room, because the other one was cleaned by a janitor. But apart from some optimization of the hospital I cannot see any strange or bugged behavior. Let me know if that helped.
OMGtechy
resident

Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:49 pm
Hello,

Wouldn't it be best to only commit the staff if they're all available? Otherwise you end up with people hanging around doing nothing like this. They'd been sat there for quite a while before the save was made.

Thanks for the help.
muriele@trentini.ch
medic

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:47 pm
Dear Dev Team

I'm having the same problem with staff being stuck in 'preparing for surgery'.
In the provided safe file, I have a patient in ICU who desperatly needs a surgery in neurology.
The operating room is not being used currently and I should have more than enough available staff (currently 3 surgery nurses are stuck with 'preparing for surgery', at least 1 who could transport the patient is 'idle' and 1 surgeon and 1 anestesiolo.. (you know what I mean :-D) are also 'preparing...'.
Please let me know if you need additional information.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO]Stuck  "preparing for surgery" Attachment
2nd.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.8 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:33 pm
muriele@trentini.ch wrote:Dear Dev Team

I'm having the same problem with staff being stuck in 'preparing for surgery'.
In the provided safe file, I have a patient in ICU who desperatly needs a surgery in neurology.
The operating room is not being used currently and I should have more than enough available staff (currently 3 surgery nurses are stuck with 'preparing for surgery', at least 1 who could transport the patient is 'idle' and 1 surgeon and 1 anestesiolo.. (you know what I mean :-D) are also 'preparing...'.
Please let me know if you need additional information.

Hi, looking at the save, it should be possible to solve this using the employee roles at the night shift at Neurology:
There are only two doctors with surgical roles, but the surgery needs a surgeon, an assistant and also an anaesthesiologist. Removing the anaesthesiologist's "Assist at surgery" role and assigning another doctor for it should get the patient into an OR without delay.

One more note: I've noticed there's also an anaesthesiologist at the ICU assigned also for surgeries, but as long as there are any critical patients there, they will take priority.

Let me know if this helped!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum