Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
katespace
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Money charged for overlapping foundations/walls while building Empty [NEED MORE INFO]Money charged for overlapping foundations/walls while building

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:38 am
While building a foundation today, I noticed I made it one square too short on two sides, so instead of just building those two sides, I ran the foundation tool from corner to corner. Instead of charging me only for the squares I added, it charged me for the entire area I covered, wasting a huge chunk of my money so now I have to start over.  Crying or Very sad

I tried it with the other build functions, and it seems floors are working properly (if you try to build the same floor pattern on top of itself, there is no charge for the overlapping tiles), but walls do double-charge for overlapping with the same wall pattern.

Please make it so that if you're building the same thing over itself (foundation, same walls, etc) it doesn't charge for the area you've already covered with that same item.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO]Money charged for overlapping foundations/walls while building Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Money charged for overlapping foundations/walls while building

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:55 pm
katespace wrote:While building a foundation today, I noticed I made it one square too short on two sides, so instead of just building those two sides, I ran the foundation tool from corner to corner. Instead of charging me only for the squares I added, it charged me for the entire area I covered, wasting a huge chunk of my money so now I have to start over.  Crying or Very sad

I tried it with the other build functions, and it seems floors are working properly (if you try to build the same floor pattern on top of itself, there is no charge for the overlapping tiles), but walls do double-charge for overlapping with the same wall pattern.

Please make it so that if you're building the same thing over itself (foundation, same walls, etc) it doesn't charge for the area you've already covered with that same item.

Hi and thank you for your report. I just went and double checked everything and yes I can confirm that in one direction the walls are double charged. And we will look into that.
The foundations though i tried to reproduce and did not find the bug. And you are not charged when the foundation tiles are not changed. If however the grass change for the sidewalk or foundation and sidewalk change for foundation you are indeed charged 50$ for each tile. Can yo please double check if that was not the case? Thank you
katespace
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Money charged for overlapping foundations/walls while building Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Money charged for overlapping foundations/walls while building

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:23 am
I haven't noticed it again in the other games I've started.

I have noticed that if you only have part of the floor built up and add new floor, and then add additional foundation on the ground floor later, you then have to pay for all of the "foundations" of the floors above it, while if you build the entire area on the ground floor before hitting add new floor, it adds the flooring for you at no cost.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum