Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RyanLM
medic

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game Unresponsive (Loading Saves and Laying Foundations, Video Attached) Empty [UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game Unresponsive (Loading Saves and Laying Foundations, Video Attached)

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:33 pm
I've been enjoying Project Hospital for a few days but today the game is entirely unresponsive whilst loading a save .zip or starting a new game and attempting to lay foundations. Really bizzare. I've gone to the trouble of making a screen recording and uploading this to YouTube to aid your investigations. I am using a MacBook Pro 13-inch 2017 running macOS Mojave.

I'd also like to add that one your support staff on the Steam forum was rudely dismissive of this issue with another player and that is not how bug reports should be responded to, whether a player calls your game broken or not. Right now, I'd tend to agree that it is indeed broken.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/868360/discussions/1/1743358239836440301/
Attachments
[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game Unresponsive (Loading Saves and Laying Foundations, Video Attached) Attachment
Campaign 1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.3 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game Unresponsive (Loading Saves and Laying Foundations, Video Attached) Attachment
Player.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(11 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game Unresponsive (Loading Saves and Laying Foundations, Video Attached) Empty Re: [UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game Unresponsive (Loading Saves and Laying Foundations, Video Attached)

Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm
Hi, thanks for the detailed report and very sorry we came across as rude on Steam forums.

Looking at both the situations in the video, it seems that the game freezes at the exact point it reports statistics and/or achievements to Steam. We've seen some problems with these on Mac some months ago, but mostly in very old versions of Mac OS X (and unlike in your case, these were showing some errors in the log, yours looks completely normal).

Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary with Steam on your side? Also, could you please load any of the sandbox levels and check what the ingame list of achievements shows (available in the pause menu)?

Just in case this take a while to sort out, we can send you a key for the GOG version (saves should be preserved across both versions).
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game Unresponsive (Loading Saves and Laying Foundations, Video Attached) Empty Re: [UNRESOLVED NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Game Unresponsive (Loading Saves and Laying Foundations, Video Attached)

Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:54 pm
Actually, this report looks very similar to yours, uninstall and reinstall helped in that case:

https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t1555-resolved-critical-game-freezes-on-mbp-when-trying-to-place-an-object
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum