Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Do you think that allowing patients to have multiple diseases at a time will make the game better?

9 - 45%
7 - 35%
2 - 10%
2 - 10%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 20

xhwzth1215
intern

Multiple Diseases Per Patient Idea Empty Multiple Diseases Per Patient Idea

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:50 am
Currently, patients in game only have one disease when they arrive at the hospital. However, in reality, it is rarely the case. Many patients arrive with multiple disorders, especially those that have critical illness that are hanging on to life. Therefore I got the idea if a patient can have multiple diseases when they arrive (which should be matching reasonably, such as flu plus bronchitis). This would make diagnostics a lot more challenging and make the game more attractive (at least for me). Again, just an idea to consider. Idea
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Multiple Diseases Per Patient Idea Empty Re: Multiple Diseases Per Patient Idea

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm
Hello - during development process we create certain design for multiple disease appearance and also for polytraumas, but at this time it is for us too complicated. We defintely want to consider and implement this design into the game in the future Wink
xhwzth1215
intern

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:18 am
Thanks! This is more than reassuring to me! I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited by xhwzth1215 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Wafthrudnir
resident

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:36 pm
Yes, if it means that the patient has already known comorbidities, such as hypertension, diabetes, coronary disease etc. There's a general principle in Medicine that all symptoms presented by a patient can only be explained by one single disease, at most of the time. This doesn't apply to polytrauma patients of course, and critical patients that can evolve often with multiple diseases (generally worsening of previous diseases or complications of current diagnosis).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum