Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Emi_Ske
Emi_Ske
resident

Polytrauma concrete idea for DLC Empty Polytrauma concrete idea for DLC

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm
[DLC]:
A polytrauma department would be a good idea of DLC but I had two types of departments that could work so I explain both (it's a little long sorry)
Department polytrauma: Idea 1: With hybrid room
1.      Rooms
    a.      Hybrid room
                i.     It would be like a mixture of trauma center and operating room.
                ii.     It would require 1 trauma surgeon, 1 anesthesiologist and 1 surgical nurse (a better system could include a trauma nurse instead of the surgical nurse).
                iii.     It would have a stabilization, diagnostic and treatment function.
    b.      HDU, NO regular ward
    c.      Operating room : only for complications
    d.      Heliport with helicopter
    e.      Diagnosis unit, cardiography unit, sonography unit, neuroexam unit
    f.       One call room nurse station
    g.      No office, reception or waiting room required
2.      Diagnosis
    a.      Since the ICU only accepts patients with ONE defined diagnosis and implementing the possibility of multiple diagnoses in the game must be very complicated.
    b.      Combined diagnoses such as "pelvic fracture with vascular involvement", "costal flap with pulmonary collapse" should be used. This would allow us to have a diagnosis with several sub-pathologies.
    c.      I think that a diagnosis should have a maximum of 3 under pathologies (and a minimum of 2 to be a polytrauma), otherwise the name would be too long and the case too complicated. [I'm talking about polytrauma not and polyfractures].
3.      Treatment
    a.      Either there is ONE treatment for ONE diagnosis.
                i.     For example: for a pelvic fracture with vascular damage, one would have as treatment "fracture reduction and vascular repair surgery" (too long in my opinion and requires too many possibilities compared too many diagnoses).
    b.      Or, what I prefer, several treatments for ONE diagnosis.
                i.     For example: for a pelvic fracture with vascular damage "fracture reduction" AND "vascular surgery".
4.      Gameplay
    a.      The patient arrives by helicopter
    b.      He is transported to the hybrid room of the polytrauma department
    c.      He's stabilized (in the hybrid room)
    d.      Doctors are running tests to find the diagnosis (in the hybrid room)
    e.      He is treated in the hybrid room (even if it is surgery)
    f.       He is moved to the HDU or to the ICU depending on its status
    g.      He can take exams such as ultrasounds, ECGs, EEGs, in the rooms provided for this purpose to check that everything is fine
    h.      If he makes a complication and needs to be operated on again, he is transported to the operating room.
    i.       When he is healed, he goes out
5.      Basic principle
    a.      Almost everything happens in the hybrid room
    b.      This department is reserved for polytraumas which are difficult and urgent cases
    c.      It is a DLC in which the patient flow is not huge but in which each patient will make you sweat
6.      Notes
    a.      There would be hospitalization in the hybrid room as for trauma when the patient arrives and once stable he leaves the hybrid room and is hospitalized in intensive care or HDU and from there if he must be operated again he will be sent to the operating room.
    b.      I looked for a way to be able to bring in polytrauma by ambulance but I didn't find with the hybrid room system
7.      CONCLUSION (for the first idea)
       The functioning of the department is a little different from the basic game and may be more complicated to implement

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Department polytrauma: Idea 2: Without hybrid room
1.      Rooms
    a.      Trauma center from base game
    b.      HDU, NO regular ward
    c.      Operating room
                i.     It would require the same staff than a normal operating room but the surgeon would be a trauma surgeon
                ii.     It will be great if a team could perform several operations without the patient being sent back to his room each time
    d.      Heliport with helicopter
    e.      Diagnosis unit, cardiography unit, sonography unit, neuroexam unit
    f.       One call room nurse station
    g.      No office, reception or waiting room required
2.      Diagnosis
    THE SAME AS IN IDEA 1
3.      Treatment
    THE SAME AS IN IDEA 1
4.      Gameplay
    a.      The patient arrives by helicopter OR ambulance
                i.     It would be great if patients with 2 sub-diagnosis came in ambulance and patients with 3 sub-diagnosis came in helicopter
    b.      He is transported to the trauma room of the emergency department
    c.      He's stabilized (in the trauma room)
    d.      Doctors are running tests to find the diagnosis
    e.      He is moved to the HDU or to the ICU depending on its status
    f.       He is treated in the operating  room
    g.      He is moved to the HDU or to the ICU depending on its status
    h.      He can take exams such as ultrasounds, ECGs, EEGs, in the rooms provided for this purpose to check that everything is fine
    i.       If he makes a complication and needs to be operated on again, he is transported to the operating room.
    j.       When he is healed, he goes out
5.      Basic principle
    a.      This department is reserved for polytraumas which are difficult and urgent cases
    b.      It is a DLC in which the patient flow is not huge but in which each patient will make you sweat
6.      Notes
    a.      Here we can use ambulances AND helicopter
    b.      Some of the polytrauma may not require surgery so they can go into diagnosis unit to receive there treatment
7.      CONCLUSION (for the second idea)
       The functioning of the department is almost the same from the basic game other departments and may be easier to implement

The attached file is the same but in a PDF for an easier reading.
Attachments
Polytrauma concrete idea for DLC Attachment
DLC.pdf The attached file is the same but in a PDF for an easier reading.You don't have permission to download attachments.(228 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum