Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
betelgeux
intern

[RESOLVED BACKLOG] Department change not cancelling prevously queued changes, and stuck Empty [RESOLVED BACKLOG] Department change not cancelling prevously queued changes, and stuck

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Description:
When you manually change a patients department, after the procedures to change were queued before for an other change (manually or A.I.) then the game does not drop the previous queue entry. This is incredibly annoying and a lot of problems with other stuck actions may be because of this. That means if you initiate a change to a department and change it back, the game still wants to "play out" the first change, meaning waits for a nurse and a bed to put the patient to an other department (and is stuck if there is no bed), and if that action is finished, that's when it will change back.
In the attached screenshot you see a patient in emergency department trauma care, whom I have taken over manually. Previously the A.I. tried to send him to general surgery department (and surgery as treatment). There were no beds available, and I took over manually, changed back the patent to emergency department to use some diagnostics and emergency treatments to stabilize. But the game does not drop the previous action, it still wants to first transfer the patient to general surgery, which is unavailable. It should instead just drop the change, and change back to emergency department instantaneously.
I think the same is happening with cancelled diagnostics, when for example someone is queued for an x-ray, and he is waiting for the x-ray. If you cancel that action, the patient wont resume other actions, but wait for the x-ray indefinitely.
Generally the game should be much more responsive to manual "interventions". If an action is added, cancelled, department changed it should not try to always fulfill an already obsolete action. (For example if the nurses are transporting a patients to somewhere, and the underlying action is cancelled, they could just reiterate the destination, and change course.) And the same is true for different treatment and hospitalization methods. Patients cant be removed from ICU to lower priority wards and other departments. Hospitalized patients can not be removed from hospitalization, back to out-patient status. Very annoying.

Repro steps
Just initiate a department change in game for a hospitalized patient, and after that immediately reverse the change. It will not cancel the change.
Attachments
[RESOLVED BACKLOG] Department change not cancelling prevously queued changes, and stuck Attachment
output_log.txt The output logYou don't have permission to download attachments.(238 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
dorianmode
fellow

[RESOLVED BACKLOG] Department change not cancelling prevously queued changes, and stuck Empty Re: [RESOLVED BACKLOG] Department change not cancelling prevously queued changes, and stuck

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:06 pm
+1 for this. The option to override (non-ICU/TC) hospitalisation would be infinitely preferable. At this point the only option is to move other patients, when would be more reasonable to be able to redirect the stuck patient.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED BACKLOG] Department change not cancelling prevously queued changes, and stuck Empty Re: [RESOLVED BACKLOG] Department change not cancelling prevously queued changes, and stuck

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:59 pm
Hi, thanks for writing this down in detail, we see the point!
Unfortunately given how the systems work in game (and especially taking in account how important reservation is), this would be far from a simple change. We'll check what the options are and maybe we'll be able to improve at least some cases.
betelgeux
intern

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:21 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, thanks for writing this down in detail, we see the point!
Unfortunately given how the systems work in game (and especially taking in account how important reservation is), this would be far from a simple change. We'll check what the options are and maybe we'll be able to improve at least some cases.

Thank You for listening. I appreciate if you look into these issues.
One more remark:
Maybe this can be seen as a feature request, but it relates to the previous issue. I think I can understand the way it was designed, that the hospitalization(TC/Regular Ward/HDU/ICU) is regarded as a treatment in the game. As other treatments, it needs to be queued, and if it is started (orange icon) it can not be stopped, so it forces the patient to stay at that department.
But maybe this could be handled as a kind of state, depending where the patient is bound to (department and place). There could be drop-down menu, where you could change the state of the patient (out-patient, regular ward, HDU, ICU, TC), and this would trigger a department change as well if required. This state (where the patient it bound to, dept./place) would determine the treatment status, not the other way around.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum