Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
robsassy
resident

Cannot cast from source type to destination type Empty Cannot cast from source type to destination type

Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:17 am

I was playing the game as normal this morning, saved and exited then went to come back a couple of hours later to be greeted with this message on trying and failing to load my game: "Cannot cast from source type to destination type".

I have tried the "verify integrity of game files" option on Steam a couple of times and this has not resolved the problem. I did manage to get on to one of the hourly saves from a few hours prior; I then saved this but couldn't get back into it again either.

I am using a few mods - specifically CRP, Plastic Surgery, Oncology, Sexual Health, one "more names" plus a few "more insurance" ones (I can be more specific if you need). I've had all these mods on my game for about 18 months and everything has been stable with them until today.

Would appreciate any help/guidance you can offer! Many thanks.
Attachments
Cannot cast from source type to destination type Attachment
output_log.zip output logYou don't have permission to download attachments.(5 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
error message.png error message in top left hand cornerYou don't have permission to download attachments.(63 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
vojta.oxymoron
vojta.oxymoron
attending

Cannot cast from source type to destination type Empty Re: Cannot cast from source type to destination type

Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:53 pm
Hi! It looks like your save is damaged. I think the best thing you can do is to try to load an autosave. It might work and not be far away from your manual save.

If it doesn't work let me know and we might try to find a better solution. Unfortunatelly the mods you have installed are making our investigation more difficult and it wouldn't be easy to analyze your save file.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Cannot cast from source type to destination type Empty Re: Cannot cast from source type to destination type

Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:56 pm
Hi, we have one more update and hopefully some good news - could you please try the attached save? It's edited by hand and hopefully the error message will be fixed there.

As a quick explanation, probably due to the time the save has been running for and probably combined with some previous errors (most likely related to the number of mods as we haven't seen this in the vanilla game), some IDs of departments and rooms got mixed up.
Attachments
modgame02.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(6.7 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
robsassy
resident

Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:46 pm
Hi Jan, as far as I can tell you seem to have fixed my save - thank you so much for your help!

jan.oxymoron likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum