Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nikse
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Staff ALWAYS freeze when performing firs-aid on collapsed patients  Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Staff ALWAYS freeze when performing firs-aid on collapsed patients

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:15 pm
So I have had this bug happen in EVERY game I've ever played, even across 2 different computers and after uninstalling and reinstalling, and it happens EVERY time a patient collapses. It is always what ends up deferring me from continuing the game beyond 1-2 specialized departments, so it has become a game-breaking bug for me.

What happens is simple: A patient collapses and some staff, can be several staff and usually a doctor or nurse, around the patient reacts to this but freezes. They are frozen until the patient is no longer collapsing.  The game calls (or already has called) on some other staff to perform first-aid on the patient, but this usually ends up being a staff that is on the complete opposite side of the map and often they are lab technicians or pharmacists. As mentioned, it happens at every single collapse in every game I've played, even without mods.

In the game file I have attached, both Linda Foster and Casey White are frozen. Jane Taylor is running to do first-aid but is coming from far away. I love this game and I really want to play it to the end with all departments, but it's too messy with this bug...
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO] Staff ALWAYS freeze when performing firs-aid on collapsed patients  Attachment
Hospitalbug_LindaFoster_Frozen.zip First collapsed patient in this game, staff members around have frozenYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.7 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
[NEED MORE INFO] Staff ALWAYS freeze when performing firs-aid on collapsed patients  Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(412 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Staff ALWAYS freeze when performing firs-aid on collapsed patients  Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Staff ALWAYS freeze when performing firs-aid on collapsed patients

Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:18 pm
HI, thanks for the report and welcome to the forums!

After a quick look at the save, it seems that the main reason for the behavior is a missing ICU department, which is where all collapsing hospitalized patients (with a confirmed diagnosis) need to be transferred. The game will pop up the message "Collapsed patient is waiting for bed! There's no free bed for the required hospitalization: ICU hospitalization" and after about one ingame hour the patient will get transported away. In the meantime the staff are still reserved and ready to continue the first aid process at the ICU bed if you as the player make it available in the meantime. I'll try to double-check the behavior with another collapsed patient, but if the staff don't get stuck in the long run, it's mostly working as expected.
Edit: The department is on the opposite side of the hospital than the spot where the paramedics taking patients away come from, so it takes a bit longer, but all staff get back to work after a while.
Nikse
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Staff ALWAYS freeze when performing firs-aid on collapsed patients  Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Staff ALWAYS freeze when performing firs-aid on collapsed patients

Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:48 am
Hi Jan,

Thank you for taking time to look at this. Unfortunately, I am fairly certain that the problem/solution is not so simple. As you can see in the save file I have attached, which is from the same hospital but later, this bug still occurs when having a fully functioning ICU (and trauma center).

Edit: The file seems to not successfully have attached, and it fails due to exceeded storage space whenever I try. Any tips on how to upload the save file?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:40 am
Hi, thanks for the update! Could you please try to upload the save now? This was my bad, we keep running out of space on the forum and the only solution is to manually delete old attachments - there should be enough room for a few saves now.
Nikse
intern

Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:51 am
Hi! Alright, here is the save file.
Attachments
Hospitalbug_SusanBarkley_Frozen.zip Susan Barkley (TC nurse) frozen when trying to do first aid on Dana Anderson, instead Carol Taylor (lab technician) does first-aidYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.7 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:28 pm
Hi, thanks a lot for the save!

Having checked the specific situation, the nurse (Susan Barkley) is actually reserved to transport the patient if the first aid is successful - you'll see her getting a stretcher in a short while. I can see it doesn't necessarily look the best, but this way the game ensures that the collapsed patients won't be stuck on the floor waiting for transport for too long.

If you see any situation where the staff actually get stuck indefinitely, of course please let us know (a fresh save file would be great in that case), but hopefully it was just the visual side of this behavior.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum