Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
master_awesome
intern

[MODDING] Blood Test jams patients Empty [MODDING] Blood Test jams patients

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:00 am
Hi,

I have all the DLCs and following Mods installed:
More Occupations, More Names, Bedside Examinations, Realistic Collapses and Disease Incidence.

I suspect that this is a mod related problem (Bedside Examinations), but since steam workshop doesn't have screenshot upload function, I'll use this post as a reference. I'll also be posting in the mod developer's bug report thread.

[MODDING] Blood Test jams patients Blte_b11

As the screenshot shows, under available examinations there is "Blood test". But this option shouldn't be available because it's a procedure after blood draw. I found a similar bug discussed in (Ok so I'm a new member and I'm not allowed to post external links. steamcommunity[..]app/868360/discussions/0/2995417278816834776/) but that issue is claimed to be fixed already. Same as the bug discussed in this steam thread, my bug will also cause the patient to wait needlessly outside the lab forever.

As I said, I will be posting under the developer's bug thread too, but the developer hasn't updated his mods for 1 year so I'm not hoping to get a fix any time soon. Maybe as game dev you can tell me what is the wrong reference in the .xml files and what the correct one should be. Then, I can just do a quick find+replace on my own and it should be fixed.

Tell me if you need the save file and where I can find it.

Thanks
master_awesome
intern

[MODDING] Blood Test jams patients Empty Re: [MODDING] Blood Test jams patients

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:10 am
OK one more thing. This bug doesn't happen for every disease. I don't know which one triggers it, but it happens from time to time.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 am
Hi, let me try to point you in the right direction if you want to look at the XML files:

The correct examination should be EXM_BLOOD_TEST_SAMPLING in this case, the testing part you're seeing will be EXM_BLOOD_TEST_TESTING.
The issue is most likely in one of the xml files with diagnoses, there's probably the wrong examination put on the list of <Examinations>.

Btw, if you still have a save with the patient in the screenshot, feel free to use the inspector in the ingame debug tools to check the diagnosis and symptoms: https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t3274-running-the-game-with-debug-tools

master_awesome likes this post

master_awesome
intern

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Hi,

I've found 2 sections of code that might caused the issue. Screenshots uploaded.

[MODDING] Blood Test jams patients Blte_c10
[MODDING] Blood Test jams patients Blte_c11

However, I can't find any obvious errors. Maybe you can take a look and see what's wrong. Or maybe I can just change the priority of blood test to 0 or whatever the lowest and the problem will be fixed?
master_awesome
intern

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:01 pm
OK, so I found another section probably related. The in game debug shows the disease is DIA_AOM and in another file DIA_AOM is descripted as
[MODDING] Blood Test jams patients Blte_c12

I think the EXM_BLOOD_TEST_TESTING string is causing the problem here since none other disease mentions this string at all. But it does have EXM_BLOOD_TEST_SAMPLING writing before it, so I'm not sure if this would cause any harm.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:58 pm
Hi, nice catch, I think the extra EXM_BLOOD_TEST_TESTING in the DIA_AOM will be the issue, feel free to remove it and see if it helps.

Btw, the first two screenshots from your previous post just show how the two stages of the examination are configured and connected, these should be fine. If these are from a file from one of the mods, they probably only change which rooms the examinations can be done in or something like that.
master_awesome
intern

Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:18 pm
Hi, I confirm that after removing the problematic code from DIA_AOM, "blood test" option disappeared in the game. I think this issue is fixed. If this change causes other issues, I'll update this thread.

For anyone who might come here having the same issue, the XML in question is located under <steam workshop>\868360\1875275285\Database and the file name is ModDiagnosesOrthoRCDI.xml
The troublesome code is at line 1100.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum