Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zodiac_A
resident

[RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc) Empty [RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc)

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:45 pm
1. When my doctors themselves or I in Doctor mode prescribe two or more LAB tests for example blood test & serology. For the patient at photo I added CT scan between them. The patient successfully got the result for the first LAB test, successfully finished radiology investigation but never waited for the result of second LAB investigation. It is always marked orange as "in the processes". I was waiting for an hour and got situation when the patient had been sitting at the queue when the second LAB test was finished. The patient came to the LAB, took the result from LAB technologist, but it still was marked as in the processes". This situation could be repeated for many times from my save file. My aim is to find all symptoms during investigations.

2. In addition I have had a few situations when a patient come with a lots of symptoms. The diagnostic accuracy was set as hightes, however my doctors spotted a diagnosis, prescribed medicine & sent patient home without any additional investigations. I don`t understand why it happens. I have updated post with a photo.
[RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc) 20210813

3. Is there a kind of a trick to make the doctors prescribe all the available medicines to treat patient? Currently I ought to do it manually.
Attachments
[RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc) Attachment
output_log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(7 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Zodiac_A on Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc)

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, thanks for the detailed report! Let me try to go through the three main points individually:

1) This one is pretty interesting, I think you actually discovered a bug in one of the edge cases - the last lab exam seems to get stuck when the patient is under player's control and waiting at the doctor's after returning with results of the previous test. I'll try to get a fix for this into the next patch (and maybe we should give the whole behavior with multiple ab tests an another look, although I'm not going to lie, it would be pretty dangerous to make any major changes at this point). Smile
Here's a workaround in the meantime: you can send the patient to another lab or radiology examination, they will wait for the lab test then.

2) Yes, with the high diagnostic certainty settings the doctors should look for all possible symptoms ot the diagnosis. One possible explanation would be that you have a different value set for General Surgery department - could you please check? If not, it would be great if you could attach a save/autosave with a patient you know is affected.

And...
3) Actually the way the treatments are automatically prescribed should take care of all symptoms that are dangerous or cause the patient any discomfort, so not adding any more by hand shouldn't have any negative impact on the hospital prestige. The rest of the symptoms should go away when the root cause is treated, just as in real life.
In a way the only effect is earning more money from the patients in the pharmacy. Smile

I'll update this thread if we make any progress on our side.

Zodiac_A likes this post

Zodiac_A
resident

[RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc)

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:40 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, thanks for the detailed report! Let me try to go through the three main points individually:

2) Yes, with the high diagnostic certainty settings the doctors should look for all possible symptoms ot the diagnosis. One possible explanation would be that you have a different value set for General Surgery department - could you please check? If not, it would be great if you could attach a save/autosave with a patient you know is affected.

Thanks for help.
1. I hope it will be fixed. Maybe those patients should stay at the LAB waiting room until they get all investigation results or they shouldn't be called to a doctor without all LAB results.
2. I have added a save file, file name "bug3" to my previous post, please check. As I have spotted it happened when a patient comes to a specialized department with enough symptoms and a diagnosys possibility is marked as 100%.
4. Just one more question. Is it ok when the paitient which have been send to another department didn`t get a positive characteristic " ++ cured" after have been send home or to the pharmacy? If no, to my mind, I will be able to get such save file as well.
Zodiac_A
resident

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:02 pm
Hi Jan.
Could you please provide any data when this bug is planned to be fixed? To talk turkey, it's rather annoying.
I want to update this thread with new data.
1. When I have tried hospitalisation option everything seems to be more awful. As you can see from the photo below 5 Lab exams seems to be stuck (all what AI have prescribed). I got a message that all investigations have been completed without a result.
[RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc) 20210910
2. If you spot this moment intime & take a patient under your control all prescrubed investigations will be completed even if a doctor have already prescribed some medicine. Based on this, the only way to play without bugs on current game version is to activate the option of automatic control of all patients from all departments.
4. I was mistaken. As I have discovered, when some Lab examination got stuck & the patient was cured this patient will return the next day, got this LAb result, came to the doctor, paid again and didn't got a characteristic " ++ cured" as he have been already cured the day before. Just one funny moment. I have spotted this by a patient with characteristic "pirate". He had a disease with a curing fee more than 1000 $. In this way, I had clearly mentioned him as I didn't get such big fee twice  [RESOLVED] BUG when I prescribe two or more LAB investigations (blood test, serology, etc) 1f615.
5. Is it possible to change an AI hospitalisation principle a little bit or at least give a player possibility to confirm or deny it? As you can see from the picture above, the patient isn't going to collapse. There are only two undiscovered symptoms & they could be easily be investigated, however the doctor under AI control decided to hospitalise him. I have found lots negative feedbacks at steam, reddit, etc. for this game mechanics.
P.S. I can upload save files if needed.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:06 am
Hi, thanks for the update!

If you remember the hotfix we discussed earlier in this thread, that's been implemented on our side and after a bit of extra testing should make its way into the next patch - unfortunately it's hard to give you any estimate for the patch release itself, as the process is becoming pretty time consuming, so we usually wait until there's a decent set of fixes and improvements ready to be published. I can probably put a new Windows version on a beta branch instead if you'd like to try it out sooner.

1) Still, I'd definitely like to have a look at the save with the hospitalized patient as the original issue should only affect the clinic. Maybe there's something else causing this or just the lab taking its time? Let's see.

5) I think what we're talking about here is observation, which also automatically releases the patients - the rules are as follows:
- After initial tests at the doctor's office, if any of the possible diagnoses have potential critical symptoms, the patient will be admitted for observation
- As soon as these have been ruled out by further tests, the patient returns to the waiting room
(Btw, the doctors don't know whether any of the hidden symptoms is 'blinking', that's only a hint for the players). Let me know if you're seeing something different on your side!

Zodiac_A likes this post

Zodiac_A
resident

Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:22 pm
Hi, Jan. Thanks for a fast reply.
Thanks for beta option proposal. It's ok, I have another things to do. That question was more for understanding when it will be better to proceed game experience.
1. After reloading LAB investigations seems to work ok.I have uploaded my save file & Lab technicians began to work with LAB samples. In this way, sorry for trouble.
5. Yep, to my mind you have understood that English is not my native language. In this way I know medical terms rather bad, sorry.
jan.oxymoron wrote:
(Btw, the doctors don't know whether any of the hidden symptoms is 'blinking', that's only a hint for the players).
I didn't know that. In this case, the game works ok.
6. The last question I swear Smile Is it possible to add a possibility to proceed playing campaign (level 4-6) after completing the main target?Some of the players, including me, are not satisfied as at this moment when company level end`s there are still lots of things to be fixed (parts of the hospital to rebuild, staff to be changed etc.). If it's impossible, maybe, it will be possible to add the hospital from the level 4 to a sandbox & add an staff auto-hiring option when starting ready to play that hospitals at the sandbox mode.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:16 am
Hi, when it comes to the campaign levels, it should be possible to continue playing while the last message from the campaign is still shown - I understand it would be annoying after a while, but should allow you to at least do some final touches. Unfortunately it's too late for us to add another option to the message dialog (something like 'continue playing' next to the 'next' button), maybe we'll figure some workaround that we can for example include in the ingame debug tools.

Zodiac_A likes this post

Zodiac_A
resident

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:17 pm
Hi. Thanks, it will be a good opportunity.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:17 am
Hi, I have one more update with a correction - it looks like the final message in the campaign levels forces the game to be paused, so I was wrong about being able to continue.

On the other hand I can now confirm there will be a way to switch the campaign levels to 'normal play' in the next version using the integrated debug tools (https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t3274-running-the-game-with-debug-tools). Smile

Zodiac_A likes this post

Zodiac_A
resident

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:36 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, I have one more update with a correction - it looks like the final message in the campaign levels forces the game to be paused, so I was wrong about being able to continue.

On the other hand I can now confirm there will be a way to switch the campaign levels to 'normal play' in the next version using the integrated debug tools (https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t3274-running-the-game-with-debug-tools). Smile
It`s nice to hear that, thanks)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum