Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mT
intern

[QUESTION] Save game migration Empty [QUESTION] Save game migration

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:13 pm
Hello, I' have a problem with migration of my save files to another PC. Is it even possible?
I've built my new hospital on my laptop (didn't play because laptop doesn't have enough performance), then copied my save file to my PC and wanted to play. But it's not possible. It tells just: "Invalid database entry ID: IN_COM_ID. I did this procedure one time before and there were no problem with loading save file on my PC. But now I don't know what to do..
Thank you very much for helping me.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Save game migration Empty Re: [QUESTION] Save game migration

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:26 am
Hi, thanks for the message!

Yes, it is definitely possible to move saves between different installs of the game (and if you use the 'cloud save' checkbox in the save dialog, this should actually work automatically).
The error suggests you have a different set of DLCs or mods installed on the different machines - please check the list of 'saved with addons' shown in the load game dialog, something will be probably highlighted in red.
mT
intern

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 am
Hello, first of all, thanks for answering my question.
Secondly, I've just reinstalled the game on my PC and now it runs, I don't know why, of course I ran exactly same versions on PC and laptop.

Finally, Thank you for such intensive effort you put in helping people here just as developing this beautiful game. Now I'm gonna translate some workshop mods for this game to our beautiful Czech language, hoping that will bring more player to this game. To you. Smile
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:57 pm
Hi, that's good news, sometimes the installs/updates can be a bit finicky on both Steam and GOG.

And thanks for the offer to help with mod translations, the local community will definitely appreciate it! Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum