Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LWlook
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] After game load: no workplace + game slow + persons stuck = Unplayable save Empty [NEED MORE INFO] After game load: no workplace + game slow + persons stuck = Unplayable save

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:04 am
Description:
I think the title sumes it very well.

Problem 1: No Workplace
The first problem is, that after I loaded the save my employee didn't have a job anymore. I'm sure that he had one when i saved the game. Also, as you can see in the attached screenhot, that in the right corner, the text is some kind of dummy text. I don't think this is what it should be either. (Person Robert Krause)

Problem 2: Game Slow
This problem is self-explanatory. The whole game has become so slow after loading that it is barely playable. As I have already read in other threads, this can also come from the many logs that the game writes in the event of an error.

Problem 3: Stuck Persons
With these mistakes, I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong or whether it's a bug: I sent a person (Ulrike Schneider) to the inpatient admission. Now she's been in the examination room for a day and occupies the doctor the whole time.
Another ambulance is standing in front of the door with a patient (Jan Stachelhaus) and does not move. There are both rooms free and a doctor who is idle.
Maybe someone could tell me a solution to these 2 stuck persons.

Repro steps
Just load the attached game file.

Attached

• Saved game
  • The mentioned screenshot
  • Log from the game

Because your forums provider ran out off storage space (Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 241)), here is a link to my files:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uAk335ZXVtgQk8yiXCoQ6csEw6gxOOnG?usp=sharing
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] After game load: no workplace + game slow + persons stuck = Unplayable save Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] After game load: no workplace + game slow + persons stuck = Unplayable save

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:53 pm
Hi, thanks for the report and for figuring out how to share the files, we managed to free some space on the forum in the meantime so hopefully uploading files will work as expected now.

Regarding the save, this is probably the most issues I've seen in a single save in quite a while, not sure if it's possible these were caused by a single bug. Good news though, here are a few quick steps how to fix all of them:
- Switch Robert Krause's department to for example labs and back to radiology, that should fix this card
- Send Jan Stachelhaus away, this will free the ambulance and fix the slowdown
- Send Ulrike Schneider to another hospitalization type (for example HDU)

Then, our priority will be to figure out what went wrong in the first place, so far it looks like there was a repeated hidden error when spawning the patient from the ambulance, but it happened before this game was saved (well, there's around a 1000 stretchers on top of each other under Jan Stachelhaus which is what's causing the slowdown). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to happen again when I try going back to the autosave you shared and we won't be able to find a log file from the previous session, so it's currently a little bit of a mystery.

If you encounter any of these again in the future or remember anything specific you did with these patients, please let us know, in the meantime I'll try to have a look at doctor mode and the new system for automatically taking over patients delivered by ambulance, maybe we missed some obviously dangerous situation...

LWlook likes this post

LWlook
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] After game load: no workplace + game slow + persons stuck = Unplayable save Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] After game load: no workplace + game slow + persons stuck = Unplayable save

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:29 pm
Hey, thanks for the reply.

What I didn't mentioned, that I started this game not as a sandbox/campaign mode game but as a DLC "Doctor mode: Retirement, at least!" game. Probably this can make a difference.

After that post, I tried to fix the save but I wasn't capable to do so. Therefore, I started a new sandbox game and now all bugs I had in the doctor mode DLC maps are gone.

In the previous map there was repeatedly the bug that I couldn't click anything in the UI. The hover effect was visible, but the click didn't trigger an action. This happened at random intervals of about two hours and could be fixed with restarting the game.

I hope this can help you discover the bugs. If you need anything further, just let me know.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum