Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
thofue
intern

[QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations" Empty [QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations"

Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:10 pm
Description:
There is a patient in bed "waiting for diagnosis" after surgery. Still one pulsing hidden symptom.
From "available treatments" I picked physical examination and ECG, icons go to active treatments.

Patient will be transported to diagnoses room and doctor does ECG treatment. ECG pulsating orange in "active treatments".
Doctor leaves room, ECG treatment jumps back to "available treatments" (green and available to pick again).
No findings for hidden symptom, still pulsing.

The exact same thing for "Physical Examinaton".
Doctor comes, phy. ex. pulsating orange, doctor leaves, phy. ex back to available.

Not allowed to insert a link yet.
But I do have a link to imgur and also saved the game at this moment and left it the way it is.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations" Empty Re: [QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations"

Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:02 am
Hi, welcome to the forum and thanks for the report!

This looks interesting (and doesn't seem to be related to any other recently reported issues) - do you think you could:
- Tell us if you're playing with any mods/which mods?
- Upload the affected save and log file? If you click "Reply to topic" instead of using the Quick reply, there should be an upload dialog that you can use to attach the files (this guide should help you find these on your machine: https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t717-how-to-report-bugs). Thanks in advance!
thofue
intern

[QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations" Empty Re: [QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations"

Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:33 pm
Hi there
Attached the save file and the log and a screenshot.

I play with NO MODS. It's the first campaign.

FYI, just checked the save again:

Patients name: Karen Jackson.
She is in the HDU in General Surgery.
She currently is awaiting USG treatment. (I believe USG was not showing the issue.)
Remove USG and assign physical ex. and/or ECG and wait and see.

I kept playing afterwards and it has happened a few more times with other patients as well.
Attachments
[QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations" Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(35 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
[QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations" Attachment
active treatment issue.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.9 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
prhospital exam.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(798 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 pm
Hi, thanks a lot for the save, after a quick look at the patient you mentioned I can see what specific situation we're talking about - and good news, this won't be a bug after all. Smile

If a patient has had a surgery, there's a chance a new hidden symptom (a complication caused by the surgery) has been added, so all examinations that uncover any of these will be on the list, even if already done (they could have been done before the surgery, but need to be available again to find the complications).

I hope this makes more sense now!
thofue
intern

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:57 am
I get what you're saying but I never got to the point to find the newly hidden symptom.
None of the available treatments revealed the pulsating symptom. I tried all of them. In the end the only way to get rid of her was to send her to a different hospital.
thofue
intern

Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:33 am
And the issue I'm describing is not, that examinations are available again. I understand that.

The issue I'm describing is, is that the physical examination and the ECG never finish, with or without findings when they're active.
They always jump back to the left "available" side over and over again (even after the surgery).

jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:40 am
Hi, thanks for the update - I've double checked the patient, in this case the last hidden symptom is Tachycardia and gets uncovered by ECG as expected. What might be a bit confusing is that because of the amount of finished examinations the last ones are already on a second page (you can use the scroll wheel or the tiny arrow buttons in the active examinations heading).

[QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations" Tachyc10
thofue
intern

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:40 pm
Hi again

I added a short video clip. In this one you can see what I mean.
The phy. examination went from "active" back to available.
What should happen is, that after the doctor checked the patient physically and can't find anything, it should be "Finished, did not reveal anything", even after a surgery.

The good thing is, today when I tested the ECG it also worked and also showed the Tachycardia.
I swear, when I reported it, ECG did the same behavior as the video with physical examination.
thofue
intern

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:44 pm
Ups...I guess, I forgot to click Submit, after uploading the video I guess.
Attachments
2020-12-22 07-20-51.mp4 You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.5 Mb) Downloaded 5 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:03 pm
Hi, thanks for the video - yes, this is how it looks when you already have some finished examinations on another page in the card - if you look at the active examinations section, it says "Active examinations 1/2", just scroll with your mouse with your cursor on top of these and you'll see a few more finished examinations on the second page.
thofue
intern

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:18 am
Hi Jan

look, it's not that big of a deal for me. But I wanted to report it as it looks like it's a small bug.

Again, I'm not talking about how many pages of active and finished examinations are there, I get that. I also understand that some treatments come back after surgery.
What I'm talking about is the following, no matter if there is one or 10 available exterminations:

Normal:
OK 1. I/or doctor himself selects one of the available examinations
OK 2. Examinations jumps from available to active and is pulsating orange
OK 3. a) If successful: picked examination STAYS in right window/ACTIVE and turns green
b) If unsuccessful: picked examination STAYS in right window/ACTIVE and turns gray

Wrong (what I show in video):
OK 1. I/or doctor himself selects one of the available examinations
OK 2. Examinations jumps from available to active and is pulsating orange
!! WRONG: 3. Active pulsating orange examination DOES NOT STAY in ACTIVE but jumps back to AVAILABLE.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:35 pm
Hi, when an examination finishes, it goes to the end of the list, so you really need to look at the second page, in this case there will be a few finished and unsuccessful Physical examinations like in the screenshot here:

[QUESTION] Active examination performed but not finished, moves back to "available examinations" Finish10

And yes, I see it can get a bit confusing as the examination appears back on the list of available ones at the same time, but that's needed because of the possible symptoms that can appear as complications of surgeries (as we discussed above).
thofue
intern

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:32 pm
Ok, got it. I see what you're saying.
I have had 5-6 doctors at the time and only here and there review what they're doing.
And when I saw the phy. ex. green on the left side I thought, hmm...did I not already do that...so I clicked again. Just to come back few minutes later and green again.

Despite your explanation I'm still confused for what reason I (or the doctor) select the same examinations over and over again, when it doesn't reveal the hidden symptom?
You say "because of possible symptoms"...but the symptom is revealed with ECG procedure.

I mean, I know now why and can react accordingly. Thanks for your patience explaining it.
I still think though, after I did the physical examination again AFTER the surgery, it should only be available one time, not 4-5-6-% times, no?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum