Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
robsassy
resident

[MODDING] Event failed because patients didn't turn up in ambulances on time Empty [MODDING] Event failed because patients didn't turn up in ambulances on time

Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:06 am
I've just tried to complete a "stock market crash" event. Similar to this person's post a few months ago, the event failed because not every patient turned up by the end of the event.

There were 9 patients, and the event had a maximum time of 18 hours to complete. 6 of the patients were done within the first 8-10 hours with no problems. Patient number 7 arrived with about 1:40 on the event clock and was able to be treated in time; patient number 8 arrived with about 0:45 on the event clock and is still being diagnosed in the trauma centre. Patient number 9 is actually the patient on the ambulance which is about to arrive, and when you run the game forward, he arrives less than a minute after the event fails - this means it took him exactly 18 hours to arrive from when he was spawned.

Whilst I'm not using any mods, I have changed the ambulances and helicopter settings in the tweakables so they can take up to 10 patients each per day, rather than 3. This means I get my full complement of ambulance patients from all 6 insurance companies (also changed in tweakables), rather than just the first 19.

Whilst I'm not a games developer, I would hope there is something you can do to amend the priorities of the arriving ambulance/helicopter patients so that even if they're not immediately the next patients to arrive, they should come on the first ambulances which are sent out after the start of the event.

Attached is my save file at 1 minute before the event is due to fail, a screenshot of the patients due to arrive for the event, and the log.
Attachments
[MODDING] Event failed because patients didn't turn up in ambulances on time Attachment
log and screenshot.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(378 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
[MODDING] Event failed because patients didn't turn up in ambulances on time Attachment
game04.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(6.8 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[MODDING] Event failed because patients didn't turn up in ambulances on time Empty Re: [MODDING] Event failed because patients didn't turn up in ambulances on time

Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:54 am
Hi, I see how this can happen when you make changes similar to what you've described. Generally, when there are event patients brought in by the ambulances, the ambulances can ignore their 'mission limit' for the day so they can bring all the patients in and in the vanilla game with 3-4 insurance companies it's balanced in such a way that every event should be possible to complete (therefore I'm afraid this won't get a high priority on our side as you need to mod the game to encounter this situation - on the other hand, code mods that we'd like to support more officially in the future will allow the community to introduce similar changes if needed).
For now at least one possible solution - you can try to limit the numbers of patients in the events to match your other changes.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum