Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
F1ghter9875
resident

[NEED MORE INFO / SUGGESTION] Event bug where event patients didn't arrive until after the event was failed Empty [NEED MORE INFO / SUGGESTION] Event bug where event patients didn't arrive until after the event was failed

Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:43 pm
This happened the other day so I don't have a save for it so the best I can do is try to explain it.
1. I started an event
2. I believe an ambulance was at my hospital to pick up a patient and It caused the other ambulances that bring patients for the event to get stuck
3. I have 6 ambulances and before the patients got at my hospital I assigned them all code blue status so I would know what patients are event patients because when you own 6 ambulances, you get a lot of non-event patients.
4. When the 6 ambulances arrived, I noticed there were no "Event patients" every patient that entered was not an event patient, although the event timer was still running. I checked the list of patients that should be ""event patients"" and all of their statuses said was " Waiting for Ambulance"" but the ambulances were coming and going with dropping off patients that were not "event patients"".
5. I never got any event patients at the hospital and I failed the event. ( This happened multiple times)
6. I later turned on the doctor mode thing where I can sort patients by green, yellow, red, and blue on the color of there person and I noticed I had code blue patients getting surgery well way after the event was already failed. And I had not assigned anyone code blue beside the event patients that never arrived.
Conclusion - I believe since there was an ambulance taking a patient from my hospital, It stopped the ambulance from leaving and it held back the patients from the event. When you do have an event, you get event patients and just regular patients from the ambulance, and the ambulance from what I noticed was only bringing non-event patients to the hospital before I figured out about 15 minutes later that I finally had the event patients but the event was already failed.
My suggestion is that when there is an event when the ambulances are bringing patients, patients that are nonevent should be canceled from coming until all the event patients arrived because the non-event patients arrived before the event patients did and I lost the event because of that.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO / SUGGESTION] Event bug where event patients didn't arrive until after the event was failed Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO / SUGGESTION] Event bug where event patients didn't arrive until after the event was failed

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:08 pm
Hi, thanks for the message and the suggestion! This is interesting, we haven't seen anybody with a similar problem, but I can imagine it can happen with a certain combination of patients and ambulance traffic. It would be great if you could send us a save the next time it happens (we can try to reproduce it on our side in the meantime, but I have a hunch it's something pretty specific).

One thing to pay attention to is the number of ER calls for each ambulance in the Ambulances window, I'd be interested what you see there when this happens. If you're out of slots, the ambulances should actually only serve patients from events.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum