Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
OMGtechy
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation! Empty [NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation!

Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:33 pm
I sent a patient to observation. Then then had some tests come up, and the option appeared again to send them to observation. I clicked it. Now they're in observation twice! I can't seem to send them a third time as it's greyed out saying they're already hospitalised, which seems reasonable.

[NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation! Untitl11
OMGtechy
resident

[NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation! Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation!

Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 pm
Here is the save from just after the screenshot was taken.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation! Attachment
nou.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.6 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation! Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation!

Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:04 am
Hi, there's a possible explanation: if examinations eliminate all possible dangerous symptoms, the patients get released from observation and go back to a waiting room at the clinic, but you can always intervene and send them to observation again. Is it possible this was the case?

Btw it's possible to see the same hospitalization on the list more than once, another example would be TC hospitalization (patient gets stabilized) -> High priority hospitalization (specialized department, maybe struggling to get the diagnosis right) -> back to TC hospitalization (after the patient collapses).
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:36 am
OMGtechy wrote:I sent a patient to observation. Then then had some tests come up, and the option appeared again to send them to observation. I clicked it. Now they're in observation twice! I can't seem to send them a third time as it's greyed out saying they're already hospitalised, which seems reasonable.

[NEED MORE INFO]Observation observation! Untitl11

Hi, multiple observations are actually possible, under certain circumstances. For example when the time for observation is up and the patient is still not treated. Or if you select diagnose that belongs to the emergency, then patient is released and will go back to GPs office. Then if you deselect the diagnose then observation will be available again. Is that something that might have happened in your case?
OMGtechy
resident

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:25 pm
I don't remember deselecting the diagnosis, but they did go to the GPs office beforehand. I'll try and pay attention to those things if I see this again.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum