Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dealfult
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Unable to treat patient Internal Medicine, collapse staff selection Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Unable to treat patient Internal Medicine, collapse staff selection

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:57 am
Howdy,

Only found this bug today after the latest update, might get hot-fixed but logging it here to make sure it's seen.

Issue:
- ambulance patient arrived with pulmonary laceration
- treatment option requires surgery
- surgery now disabled at internal medicine after patch and replaced with special procedures room
- all previous surgeons are now unable to perform surgeries.

If you need the game file let me know.

Thanks!

-Dealfult
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Unable to treat patient Internal Medicine, collapse staff selection Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Unable to treat patient Internal Medicine, collapse staff selection

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:31 am
Hi, thanks for the report and welcome to the forum!

We should've probably mentioned this in the release notes - this will only affect a couple of patients already spawned in existing games with diagnoses that don't exist in the same form in the game world in the latest patch, but everything should get back to normal the next ingame day.

We're considering automatically sending these patients away when you load such a game, unfortunately it's not possible to just delete them, especially if they're right in the middle of an examination or a treatment. Smile

I hope this makes sense, cheers!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Unable to treat patient Internal Medicine, collapse staff selection Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Unable to treat patient Internal Medicine, collapse staff selection

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:21 am
Btw - I think we also got an email from you recently, I'll try to reply properly when we're done with the DLC release, but generally a good point about the selection of employees tending to collapsed patients, we only recently implemented a system for selecting closest objects by path distance, so it could be possible to combine these two.
Dealfult
intern

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:34 pm
I figured that the already spawned patients would have complications getting treated with removed procedures. Since my initial post I've had a new game day and anther patient has spawned with the same problem; this one needs a Stapedectomy for Otosclerosis. Do I just wait for them to time out and get transferred away or (in the case of the pulmonary laceration) die?

Ok, that's kind of cool that you linked my email and this post together; I thought about posting the contents of the email as well but figured I'd give it a day or two. Something else I was mulling over that is kind of related to this issue is in the Trauma Centre and ICU where the game pulls nurses or doctors to run standard procedures on patients that are currently fulfilling needs (ie toilet, eating, watching tv, etc) instead of the plethora of free staff. This might not be a completely different process for assigning staff to patients however.

As always, great work on this game, loving the new update with new illnesses and procedures and I'm really looking forward to the next DLC, looks like it'll really add to the immersion.

-Dealfult
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:47 am
Hi, I'm double checking the diagnoses - Otosclerosis should be now treated with MIEP in the new Special Procedures unit at Internal Medicine department. Just to be sure - do you have any mods installed? If any of them modify IM as well, the results could end up pretty unpredictable. Smile
Dealfult
intern

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:01 am
Hi, yes I've got some mods installed but I honestly don't know if they'd affect IM. They're mostly cosmetic additions but I'll give you a short list of them.

- Waiting Room Objects
- Outdoor Objects Indoors
- More Names
- Pictures
- More Staff
- Realistic Collapses and Disease Incidence (maybe?)
- Maximum Refund
- Additional Insurance Providers
- Oncology Dept
- Objects - Fire Protection
- Beside Examinations (maybe?)
- Alphabet

Hope that helps.

-Dealfult
Dealfult
intern

Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:59 pm
Hi, sorry to keep posting but I'm almost certain all the cases that are requiring out-dated procedures are arriving via ambulance.

Hope it helps.

-Dealfult
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:34 pm
Hi, thanks for the updates! According to some other reports it could be the "realistic collapses" mod - could you try to uninstall it as see if it makes a difference?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum