Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

[QUESTION] No notifications Empty [QUESTION] No notifications

Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:30 pm
I've noticed that on some patients I've favourited, I'm not getting notifications of symptoms found or examinations being completed. I'm only seeing a problem when they either collapse, or they are red at the bottom along the portrait line.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] No notifications Empty Re: [QUESTION] No notifications

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:25 am
Hi, favourite patients work slightly differently than controlled patients, as the doctors are still scheduling examinations themselves. You should be getting notifications when the patient gets diagnosed, treated and also when lab exams uncover new symptoms.

Do you have a specific example where you don't want to take the patient under your control but still want to get all the notifications?
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:17 pm
Apologies, these are patients under 'Player Control' and not favourited. It tends to happen most when they have been moved to the ICU. I 'Player Control' all patients that collapse so that I can best prioritise treatments to help them survive. Those that already have examinations in progress (Blood draw, microbial sampling etc.) don't send out a notification upon diagnosis. I never get a notification for a post surgical abscess for instance. So will only know of that when they are red at the bottom of the screen on the portrait panel, or if they suffer a collapse because of it. I've had many patients die as I've not been able to see that they are awaiting something as I sometimes have more controlled patients than the portrait bar allows.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:32 pm
Hi, thanks for the clarification! Looking at code the message "Lab procedure uncovered a symptom" should be popping up every time a new symptom gets discovered in a lab for any of controlled/favourite patients. The abscess gets discovered by a simple physical examination, so you'll be getting the usual "Procedures have finished for a diagnosed patient" message.

Does this match what you're seeing? : ) I'd like to first confirm that everything works on your side as intended, then we can of course discuss if it would make sense to make any changes (and we indeed plan to add one more message for when procedures finish on a patient the the game considers correctly treated).
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:20 pm
For some patients I do get the end of procedure message. But for others, I have just had an incident where a Controlled Patient has crashed, I get the message for that. When I clicked on them, they had a Wound Infection that was discovered by a physical examination, I got no notification of end of procedure or symptom found.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum