Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Inevitable death in ICU Empty Inevitable death in ICU

Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:34 pm
So here I have a patient in the ICU. They have 1 flashing unknown symptom. But I can't run the test (USG) in ICU. I can't move the patient to a department that can run USG. I have no examinations that I haven't already run. I have no treatments I can run. Patient has already crashed multiple times which means they never get to a point where they're stable enough to leave ICU to run the remaining USG test to find out the cause of the crashes to treat it. This patient will die. How do I get around this? How can I run the USG in ICU? How can I move them from ICU to get the examination done?

Inevitable death in ICU Ph_icu10

*****UPDATE - Patient died and I now have a second patient in the same situation*****
*****2ND UPDATE - That patient has now also died*****
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Inevitable death in ICU Empty Re: Inevitable death in ICU

Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:01 pm
Hi, looking at all the symptoms this injury can have, every single one of them has been already uncovered in your case and judging by the septic shock, the last symptom will be most likely wound infection from the surgery the patient has undergone. Then "blood analysis - ICU" will be the examination to confirm this.
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:44 pm
I've already run Blood Analysis - ICU, on the right hand side it's blacked out as it presented no result
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:01 pm
Oh, I see - btw was it before or after the surgery?

In either case, feel free to send us the save so we can have a look more in detail - it's possible there's a bug with this specific case. Generally you should always have examinations available at the ICU for any critical symptoms.
agritite
resident

Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:39 pm
That's surgical cut infection. Do physical examination.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:55 pm
agritite wrote:That's surgical cut infection. Do physical examination.

You're absolutely right, I hadn't double-checked this in the database before my previous reply. Smile
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:24 pm
So I did try running Physical Exam before the patient expired, all it did was go black on the active side and pop back up as an available examination on the left in green.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:36 pm
Ok, in case this is a bug - could you attach the save, so we can double check the patient and see what the actual hidden symptom is? (Or, if you'd like to investigate yourself, feel free to unzip the save an find the patient there by name).
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:42 pm
The patient has already died and I don't have a save file from before they did anymore
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:30 pm
Ok, I see - let me at least list all the possible symptoms generated as surgery complications (for abdominal surgery) and the matching examinations:

SYM_ABSCESS - Physical and visual examination
SYM_WOUND_INFECTION - Physical and visual examination
SYM_ALVEOLAR_COLLAPSE - Physical and visual examination
SYM_SEPSIS - PS blood control or, Blood analysis - ICU

There are basically two options - either you ran the "Blood analysis - ICU" only before the surgery and it would find the symptom if performed again - or there's a bug in the system. Smile We'll keep an eye on this an if you spot something similar again, let us know!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum