Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Little Red
medic

[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Campaign 2 crashing Empty [NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Campaign 2 crashing

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:31 pm
(re-posted from steam forum to include game files)

I've been playing the game with no issues up until starting campaign 2. My first attempt was going well until day 8, each time i loaded my save file it would run for around 2 mins then crash to a white screen. I started a new save file which worked fine to start with and is now doing the same thing on day 8. I have no mods installed and have verified the game files. I really would like to be able to finish the campaign!

I have included the save files and output log.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Campaign 2 crashing Attachment
Sarah1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
SarahHospital2.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.4 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
output_log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Campaign 2 crashing Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Campaign 2 crashing

Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:31 am
Hi, thanks for the report and for sharing the details here on the forum!

Looking at the saves and having them run for a while, everything looks pretty normal and the game doesn't report any hidden errors, so it's more likely that the issue is related to your laptop, but hopefully we'll be able to come with a workaround.

Firstly though, if it ever happens again, would you be so kind and send us a fresh log file from the game? It gets cleaned every time the game starts, so a file from the run of the game when the crash happened would hopefully have some extra info about the cause.

Looking at the hardware reported in the log you attached, it seems that your laptop is very close to the minimum requirements, especially when it comes to system memory - and running out of memory would be my guess for the root of the problem. Could you try the following steps when running the game the next time?
- In options in main menu, switch texture quality to low, this should reduce the memory usage significantly
- Close other programs you're not using at the moment, even browsers are very memory-hungry these days

I hope this helps, let us know if it made a difference!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum