Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Charor
medic

[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Crash To Desktop Empty [NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Crash To Desktop

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:19 am
Description:
Multiple attempts to play Campaign 1 and have been crashing to desktop.  First few attempts crashed to desktop after about 6 in game hours.  Latest attempt with attached logs was after about 20 in game hours and after I had rebooted my computer.

Repro steps
I have mainly been just watching and observing on Campaign 1 with very little changes.  I had added a general surgery room and hired a doctor within 3 minutes of this crash happening.

This is the event viewer error:

Faulting application name: ProjectHospital.exe, version: 2018.2.17.37685, time stamp: 0x5beca638
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2018.2.17.37685, time stamp: 0x5beca83c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000049c33c
Faulting process id: 0x6658
Faulting application start time: 0x01d707de249cb1be
Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Project Hospital\ProjectHospital.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Project Hospital\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: e2b52c59-730a-451e-a9f0-98ef182dfbfe
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Computer Specs:
i9 9900k
Strix 3090 OC
32GB of RAM
Game running off of EVO 860 1 TB SSD

Attached

Saved game
Log from the game
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Crash To Desktop Attachment
autosave_H08.zip autosave of gameYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.4 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Crash To Desktop Attachment
output_log.txt Crash LogYou don't have permission to download attachments.(239 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Crash To Desktop Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Crash To Desktop

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:11 am
Hi Charor, thanks for the message and for joining the forum to report the issue!

As hard crashes are pretty rare, I'd recommend to try the usual troubleshooting steps first if you haven't already:
- Verify integrity of game files on Steam, maybe something got corrupted during install
- Check if your graphics drivers are up to date
- (I see a 9900k Smile ) If you're overclocking, could you try running the game at stock CPU speed for a while? We've seen an overclock that seemed stable in other games causing some issues in Project Hospital

If none of these help, there could be some compatibility issues between the specific version of the Unity engine we're using and your configuration, in a couple of cases switching to a version of the game built with as slightly different Unity version solved the issues. You can do this in the game's properties on Steam -> Betas -> bold-text-fix (the original purpose of the version was to fix some issues with fonts in certain languages).

Let us know if any of these helped!
Viperel
intern

[NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Crash To Desktop Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO CRITICAL] Crash To Desktop

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:30 am
Do you have Citrix installed by any chance?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum