Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GamerEd
resident

Extra Game Immersion Idea Empty Extra Game Immersion Idea

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:13 am
I notice that when switching floors, character activity disappear from view. This ruins immersion and the extra enjoyment of seeing activity still going on other floors through the windows or doors. I see these things an wonder if it is possible because that ability adds to realism and feature detail. If no one notices this, I included a image of a view of the second floor, then a view of the third floor and how a character disappears from view to show what I mean. Little improvements can go a long way in helping preserve game immersion.
Extra Game Immersion Idea Disapp10
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Extra Game Immersion Idea Empty Re: Extra Game Immersion Idea

Thu May 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Hi, thanks for the suggestion and apologies I somehow managed to miss this thread.
We actually have this on our list as one of the lower priority improvements - not only characters but also objects on floors below the active floor could be rendered in the three rows next to the outer walls so they would become visible behind doors and windows. It means a bit of new code to evaluate the distances and a new item in options to enable/disable it, some players on lower-spec machines would probably like to turn it off to save performance, especially with hospitals with maximum number of floors.
GamerEd
resident

Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 pm
Wow! that's good to know. Looking forward to seeing this improvement. Glad it is being considered. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum