Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DELTAGOD
intern

[WORKED AROUND] Continuation of Steam Support Topic on Textures Being Red and Black. Empty [WORKED AROUND] Continuation of Steam Support Topic on Textures Being Red and Black.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:50 pm
Here is a link to the old discussion. https://steamcommunity.com/app/868360/discussions/1/1642039362988718916/
I am also attaching my output log to this discussion as requested by a DEV on steam.
DELTAGOD
intern

[WORKED AROUND] Continuation of Steam Support Topic on Textures Being Red and Black. Empty Re: [WORKED AROUND] Continuation of Steam Support Topic on Textures Being Red and Black.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 pm
Here is the output log, it wouldn't let me put it in as a zip.
Attachments
[WORKED AROUND] Continuation of Steam Support Topic on Textures Being Red and Black. Attachment
output_log - Copy.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(459 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[WORKED AROUND] Continuation of Steam Support Topic on Textures Being Red and Black. Empty Re: [WORKED AROUND] Continuation of Steam Support Topic on Textures Being Red and Black.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:50 pm
Hi, thanks a lot for posting the log file here on the forum!

I can get the game to print a lot of similar errors and end up with similar behavior by breaking the AssetLists.xml file (ProjectHospital_Data\StreamingAssets\Database\AssetLists.xml), this really looks like a corrupted installation, so hopefully the reinstall we discussed on Steam will fix it.

Also, to be sure - have you subscribed to any mods on the workshop? A broken mod can possibly mess up the game in a similar way by overriding the original data. [Edit: probably not, it would show up in the log file]
DELTAGOD
intern

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:34 pm
I do not have any mods subscribed and I have also tried to reinstall the game but it doesn't seem to be working.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:01 am
Hi, thanks a lot for the update!

In the meantime I've prepared a specific version of the game that prints more info into the log, this is probably the best shot to figure out what exactly goes wrong - it would be great if you could try it out and upload the new log file once more.

Here's how to switch the versions on Steam:
- Right click Project Hospital in the library list on Steam, go to properties
- Choose beta-debugging under the betas tab (second screenshot here https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/application/branches )
- Uninstall and reinstall (this doesn't affect saved games)
DELTAGOD
intern

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:06 pm
Sorry for the late reply, I have been out of state but I will now try the updated version.
DELTAGOD
intern

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 pm
Here is the updated log file.
Attachments
[WORKED AROUND] Continuation of Steam Support Topic on Textures Being Red and Black. Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(493 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:19 am
Hi, thanks a lot for the update - looking at the log, it seems that the XMLs are fine, the game tries to load all the textures from the correct locations, but the loading silently fails. Could you please quickly check if the texture files (these are plain png files) exist and can be opened? For example this one:

F:/Steam + Games/steamapps/common/Project Hospital/ProjectHospital_Data/StreamingAssets/Textures/ui/icons.png
DELTAGOD
intern

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:40 pm
Well I got some weird news, they're all there.
Attachments
ProjectHospitalDebug.PNG You don't have permission to download attachments.(212 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:05 pm
Yes, very strange - the log reports all the resulting textures are 8 x 8 pixels in size, something that gets mentioned on Unity forums (https://answers.unity.com/questions/391612/any-way-to-validate-wwwtexture.html).
Not any wiser yet, I'll keep investigating.
DELTAGOD
intern

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 pm
Thank you soo much, just lemme know if you have anything you want me to try.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:22 am
Hi, thanks! I have one more thing I'd like to to try plus one more possible workaround, but I'll need to update the beta-debugging build for the first one - hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.
DELTAGOD
intern

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:05 pm
Alright, sounds good, thank you. Also what time zone are you on? I'm on East Coast USA time. GMT -4
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:58 pm
Hi, the updated debugging version is now available on the beta-debugging branch on Steam, you should be able to tell it in the main menu by the big text mentioning "plus testing texture path URL format update".

FYI, the change is about the format of paths to local files when loading textures from Streaming Assets, changing a prefix from "file://" to "file:///" which is recommended for windows builds. On the other hand the game has so far worked fine on a lot of different windows versions, so I must admit this is still a long shot.

[Edit:] Btw we're in Central European timezone, GMT +2 (taking daylight saving time in account).
DELTAGOD
intern

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:12 pm
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the prefix change didn't work. I tried it on both good and with v sync settings and windowed mode.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum