Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mod support - roadmap Empty Mod support - roadmap

Thu May 30, 2019 3:32 pm
Hi, with the release of Project Hospital 1.1 (which includes Workshop and updated mod support) we also added a couple of detailed modding tutorials to the Modder's corner section.
I'll use this thread to list what is currently fully supported and what the future plans are (but as always, these can change to some extent according to development progress and priorities).

Currently supported and documented:
- Registering mods in game
- Loading custom textures
- Adding new objects, composite objects, decals (unlimited number of mods can co-exist)
- Adding new/changing walls (only one mod of this type will work at one time)
- Adding new/changing floors (only one mod of this type will work at one time)
- Adding new/changing doors (only one mod of this type will work at one time)
- Custom icons for all the above
- Adding new color sets
- Changing tweakable values
- Adding new diagnoses & symptoms
- Adding whole departments
- Adding new rooms
- Adding new examinations and treatments
- Adding new specializations

Note: the following changes have been implemented in Patch 19:
There are some changes needed to make the process of adding new departments easy and independent (so multiple mods can co-exist) - this is something we'll need to implement for departments we plan to add in future DLC (most important example is that examinations have a list of rooms where they can be performed, this will change to tags that can be used across departments).

Works but needs documentation
- Adding new voices (not tested recently)

Planned to be implemented and documented
- Department room prefabs

Last edited by jan.oxymoron on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Wafthrudnir
resident

Mod support - roadmap Empty Re: Mod support - roadmap

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:01 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Thanks for the tutorial regardind adding objects and walls/doors!
I'm having a hard time making new diagnoses to show in game. When do you guys plan to release something similar in relation to diagnoses/treatments/symptoms?
BTW, great job on 1.1 patch Very Happy
DrAndy
DrAndy
attending

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:21 am
i wish we had the chance to implement own scripts and animation.
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:44 pm
Just with the latest update, the new tag <MatchingGenderRef>, how exactly does it work?

Looks like the structure is simple enough:
<MatchingGenderRef>GENDER_MALE</MatchingGenderRef> For male only, added in the diagnosis code
<MatchingGenderRef>GENDER_FEMALE</MatchingGenderRef> For female only, added in the diagnosis code

I have noticed however in testing, for a female only diagnosis, male patients still have in the possible diagnosis the female only diagnoses. They just never actually end up having it which is awesome but I am worried about two aspects.
Is there anything to stop the AI from accidentally choosing the female only diagnosis for a male if it ends up getting quite close?
Is there anyway to hide those diagnoses since it technically isn't possible for that gender?
I've added breast cancer into my mod and the issue I can see is that the male version is just a cloned version of the female one just with its chance significantly reduced. If both the male and female versions show up for the player for all patients it might become really confusing which is the correct one at a glance.

Not sure if I am just doing something wrong here, any help is appreciated.
Thanks very much for the addition though, really going to help make the game a bit more realistic and gives the modders even more flexibility.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:04 pm
Hi, the parameter affects only which patients can have the given diagnosis, not the filtering in the list of diagnoses. I can see the point with your breast cancer example, just as a quick explanation: originally this feature was meant for departments like gynecology/urology where it wouldn't be a problem - let's see if I can find a bit of time to also add rules for the list of diagnoses (just a fair warning, we're going to be pretty busy in the upcoming weeks, so feel free to send me a reminder at some point Smile ).
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:46 pm
Hi Jan,

That would be fantastic if that could get added to your list but absolutely no rush, you guys are doing a fantastic job!

Thank you.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:37 am
Hi, good news, this should be updated in the next patch. Smile
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:17 pm
Hi Jan,

That is an incredible effort from you and the Oxymoron team, thank you so much!
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:50 pm
Hi Jan,

So I'm curious, have you or the team considered adding the ability for the player to change their mod load order?
This interaction might help players avoid conflicts and help if overriding mods are developed to deploy a global change. (these could even be developed with patches to override existing mods)
This kind of development would be important to keep in mind for modders if this is possibly something planned although I cannot imagine it is currently something in high demand.

An example of what this could do is a user could make a compatibility patch (mod) that overrides two existing mods to enable them to work together. The uses aren't limited to just this though.

Regardless,  thank you very much for the effort you and the team put in, I've never enjoyed modding a game as much as I've enjoyed modding Project Hospital.

DrAndy likes this post

James
James
fellow

Fri May 01, 2020 7:31 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi!, I have a suggestion. Can you guys implement like a line of code for symptoms to lead to more serious symptoms without the patient collapsing? Like a open wound leading to a wound infection and to sepsis and etc.

DrAndy likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum