Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Emi_Ske
Emi_Ske
resident

OR - Priority - Overwork - ICU - Hospitalisation Empty OR - Priority - Overwork - ICU - Hospitalisation

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:00 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hello, I currently have 88 hours of play and I've had some ideas for improvements to make the game more realistic but also more "fluid".

1. To be able to assign staff to the operating rooms or have a staff room especially for because I often lose patients (dead or gone) because they are waiting for surgical staff while in the waking room I have 2 surgeons, 2 anaesthetists and 2 doctors who can attend. (I also have enough nurses)

2. Add a priority option because some patients with medium to high risk have to wait a long time for their doctor to finish treating 2 flu shots and 3 bruises before coming to take care of them.

3. The doctors are talking about it, the emergency room doctors are quite disorganized, they have 4 patients waiting for treatment but instead of treating them, they will take other patients and therefore the first ones end up leaving.

4. The intensive care staff is so slow, my patients are in septic shock with fibrillation or respiratory arrest but the doctors (in sufficient numbers) are not in a hurry and take their time.

5. Why the hell are all the bruises being hospitalized? (not those of organs but contusions to the foot,...) A contusion is not serious enough to require hospitalization.

So much for my ideas, I find this game super addictive and quite realistic (being a medical student), I can't wait to see what happens next.
Tuwnew
medic

OR - Priority - Overwork - ICU - Hospitalisation Empty Re: OR - Priority - Overwork - ICU - Hospitalisation

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:02 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
1. You can disable Diagnostic for Surgeons/Anaesthetists and Tranfers and Patient Care for Nurses. So they only do operating stuff.

2. Pretty sure there is already a system for that, but automatically only.

3. I agree. They told them to do some test (Lab or Radiology) and it is that which take a lot of time.
Talking about Stat Lab workload is a bit false to me. Sometimes it's written : WORKLOAD : Low/Medium but in fact, there is a lot of patients waiting for them. I didn't knew that until I checked why so many patients left.
Emi_Ske
Emi_Ske
resident

OR - Priority - Overwork - ICU - Hospitalisation Empty Re: OR - Priority - Overwork - ICU - Hospitalisation

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:27 pm
Thanks for the first advice i didn't see that function before
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Thu May 16, 2019 10:21 am
Hello - thanks for your suggestions and questions!

1.) As mentioned above, you can allow or disallow certain roles for each type of personel. you can also create a small on-call room and nurses station adjacent to certain operating theatre, where could be placed surgery/operating team with allowed respective roles.

2.) also as mentioned above, priorities/hazard system is automatic - every symptom has its own hazard level, patients with medium or high hazard level symptoms are prioritized to the ones with low hazard

3.) i think that you think the situations on the observation? well there are more factors and variables included in processes of treatments - e.g. hazard or prioritis. But since we have implemented 24/7 open hours of hospital including all departments we have lower most of this type of problems. also you need to check always perks of the staff, their overall satisfaction, routes to patients and also workload.

4.) ICU functioning as any other department - as i wrote in the 3.) check always perks of the staff, their overall satisfaction, routes to patients and also workload - if the staff is too slow, there may be some specific problem, that could be solved.

5.) bruises are generally not hospitalized (contusions are created by set of symptoms that are very likely to fractures - generally x-ray is very helpfull in these cases) - this may happen if the doctor is not skilled enough, he/she is not certain with the diagnose (or it is the case of misdiagnosis) or there is some high hazard symptom. Also some of treatments requiere hospitalization to be done properly. if you will take control of some patient and proceed step by step diagnostics you will see that no hospitalization is requiered.
Emi_Ske
Emi_Ske
resident

Fri May 24, 2019 8:48 pm
Hello, thanks for your answer.

3.) I actually can't got you a screenshot because i can't play for the moment but it's not about the hospitalisation. I've got, let's say 20 patients from the emergencies and 5 doctors. When i look at the list i've got 1 doctor that is taking 10 patients and the others doctors have 1 or 2 patients. It's like the doctor came into the waiting room and said "ok now you all are my patients". It's problematic because patients have to wait a very long time instead of being supported by another doctor who us free from patient.

Also i've got new suggestions :

6.) I like the way we can uses differents exams like PCR, CRP and the description but it will be good if you add a tip like we have for construction, managment, ... where we can found more informations about theses exams. Thrist because it's very intresting, second, because even if i'm a medical student, i don't know in wich case it will be good to use PCR or another exam. In fact when you've got to choose an X-ray it's esay but some other examens are more complexe so i think a more precise description would be a good idea. But not directly in the game because the short resume that you put on every exam is great but sometimes i would like to have more informations.

7.) I don't understand electrography concept mostly in cardiology. In the differents types of rooms you've got diagnosis room, cardiology room and echography room. The echo is useless, i never have to use it and when you're asking for a cardiac echo they sent the patient in cardiology room. And then, the echo cardio didn't show anything so a decide to make an angiography and the results are mitral prolapsus but normaly it can be seen in echo so i don't understand. Why putting the possibility of an echo room that is not used for echo and why cardiac echo if they never show results ?

8.) I think that the angio for the cardio allows you to find too many pathologies. Normaly the angio is used for vascular problems but when you got a patient with cardiac disease you make him pass an angio and then you have your résult that's a too easy.

9.) Why proposing a cardiology or echo room in "eatch" department ? Some of them didn't need theses rooms.

10.) It's horrific to see how radiology and ICU are financial chasm there is no profit, maybe found a system to make these department profitable.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum