Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DeathLoveCrymo
DeathLoveCrymo
intern

[RESOLVED DUPLICATE] UI Scaling makes Game Unplayable Empty [RESOLVED DUPLICATE] UI Scaling makes Game Unplayable

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:45 pm
Description:
Playing the game with a large UI scale can make the game unplayable at certain (smaller) resolutions, because many dialogs are cut off the screen. Shrinking the UI makes it too hard to read with weaker vision on smaller monitors (still unplayable).

Repro steps:
1. Launch the game with resolution of 1280x1024
2. Start new or load a saved game
3. Pause and go into Settings
4. Disable Automatic UI Scaling
5. Increase UI Scaling  - The point is to increase the text size for readability

Notice that the dialogs are cut off screen now. Is there an alternative way to increase the text size only? Or perhaps if dialogs could have a scrollbar or some other way to keep them from growing off screen?

I am posting this report on behalf of another player, however I was able to replicate the issue easily.

Attached:
My screenshot of the issue

Thank you for your time, devs.
Attachments
[RESOLVED DUPLICATE] UI Scaling makes Game Unplayable Attachment
20181117103958_1.jpg ScreenshotYou don't have permission to download attachments.(200 Kb) Downloaded 11 times

Last edited by jan.oxymoron on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : screenshot didn't get uploaded (oops))
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED DUPLICATE] UI Scaling makes Game Unplayable Empty Re: [RESOLVED DUPLICATE] UI Scaling makes Game Unplayable

Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm
Hi, thanks for the report! We have some changes planned to allow bigger text in some cases and bigger range of usable UI scale on smaller screens. We'll try to pay some extra attention to this 5:4 resolution (unfortunately allowing a really big UI scale will definitely mean having to heavily rearrange the main panel).

Let me mark this as a duplicate of the original post:
https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t882-open-text-size-1366x768-pas-correctement-supporte
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum