Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
snax
resident

Untreatable Disease Loophole / Referrals Empty Untreatable Disease Loophole / Referrals

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:30 pm
I am not sure if this is a bug, but I assume its intended.

Currently it appears a patient will never have a disease that is not treatable within the opened departments.

Using this knowledge, I can usually diagnose a patient with a simple physical examination by eliminating any potential disease that falls under a department I don't have.

I treated 40 patients in my clinic without using the xray lab once, despite many having bone issues, as I could only treat contusions without Ortho, so I just did regardless of stated odds.

The STAT lab was only used to distinguish between bacterial or viral bronchitis.

No-one reported an incorrect diagnosis.

It felt like I was able to cheat the system and push through patients as fast as the printer could print.

Would it be possible to have a low chance of a disease that is untreatable at your current hospital? Maybe if you correctly diagnose a patient, you can refer them to the outside hospital and get a small fee for the lab work?

This would break this loophole and force us to actually rule out these terrible diseases before we just prescribe some Advil. Very Happy

Thanks!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum