Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
occwin
medic

[OPEN LOW] Janitor Prefab broken Empty [OPEN LOW] Janitor Prefab broken

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 am
I placed a prefab cleaning closet with 2 janitor stations. As soon as the game was restarted the janitors appeared and then immediately left (despite it being the middle of their shift). The next day they did not come in. I had to move them both to night shift, move the shelves in the cleaning room, then move them back to day shift for them to finally come in to work. My guess it this might be a bug tongue
Inge Jones
fellow

[OPEN LOW] Janitor Prefab broken Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] Janitor Prefab broken

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:11 pm
Did you see a reason for them leaving? Did it say something about "no workspace allocated"? If so it might be related to the bug I reported.
occwin
medic

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:18 pm
No I didn't see any popup or any alert in the log, and they were each assigned to one of the shelves, so I can't imagine it would be for that reason (I don't hire through the + button, I always hire directly into the workspace for all positions). I took a look through the posts and didn't see your report, my apologies for duplicating.
Inge Jones
fellow

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:20 pm
That's because somehow it got moved to the suggestions section and back again. Glad I am not the only one.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:17 pm
Hi, I'll need to double-check if this can get broken in some cases, but generally if there's nothing to clean yet, the janitors will leave the building and come back if needed during their shift.

A bit of context: unlike other employees they don't have a nice pc, desk and chair to sit on while they have nothing to do, maybe we can let them wait in common room when not busy instead of going home - but again, common room is not mandatory.
Inge Jones
fellow

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:12 pm
I think it would be realistic if they stayed on-site, in the common room if you have one, or else hanging around outside smoking. Or walking about simulating looking for mess to clear. Don't staff get in bad moods if you don't provide them with common rooms? So even though it's not mandatory, there should be some incentive to provide one I would think?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum