Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
michelzain
medic

About "sensitive" diseases  Empty About "sensitive" diseases

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi to the dev team, Ive seen your comments about cancers/Children/Pregnancy in game, I have to say that it made no sense to me..
I mean this is a hospital management game. and in hospitals horrible thing can happen to, when people want to live their "doctor" dream trough your game, they would expect to see some "inoperable" or "we did everything we could but the patient died" shits happens. this is part of the whole "hospital" experience, isnt it?

having every disease able to cure is not the most realistic part of your game..
Ive spent the whole day playing and really enjoyed it but overall its getting repetitive after awhile..

TL;DR its not an actual simulation if you take away the "sad" parts of hospitals.

same about children in game.

That said, im glad we got a decent hospital sim, great job.

sorry if my English annoying you, not my native language.
Reese
resident

About "sensitive" diseases  Empty Re: About "sensitive" diseases

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:43 pm
+1

Older patients with multi-organ conditions, trauma patients rolling up in full arrest, sepsis following an operation, etc. Running a hospital I expect patients to die, and I expect I won't always be able to do something about it. I think these open ended management games are in big part about finding your own stories within the interacting systems of the game, and without failures the victories don't seem as sweet. Seeing lung cancer on the potential diagnosis list, and knowing that they can be a real death sentence, would add a ton of tention to the clinic patient coming in complaining of shortness of breath. Or chest pain would be a lot more intense if I knew that a fatal MI could hit at any moment.
Inge Jones
fellow

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:53 pm
Hasn't it been said we will be able to add to the disease list via mods?  Even in The Sims, the devs themselves decided not to have too bad stuff in the game, so modders have always supplied those bits.

But as an afterthought, cancer wouldn't be a problem in this game since it wouldn't lead to death during the patient's visit to the hospital. I presume the way the game plays, the patient might get their diagnosis, have an operation to remove the largest tumor, then their first dose of chemotherapy and then leave the hospital. Unless the game allows for repeat visits, the patient will not die, or become terminal, during the game.
Reese
resident

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:44 pm
Good point that modding in more aggressive symptoms would be a way tp adjust this.

Things like oncology or obstetrics would be very hard to do via modding though, these feel more like updates or DLCs to me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum