Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BigMeatSwangN
intern

[OPEN] Weird Performance Issue Empty [OPEN] Weird Performance Issue

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:24 am
Hi there, first off, wow! Great game.

Just wanted to mention an issue that i have been getting.

Whenever I launch the game everything is fine till I start a new game or load up a save, then my frames drop from 144 down to around 60 and depending on the map sub 30.
I thought it might be an SLI issue so I disabled it and it ran great. Later on I go to play some more with SLI off and discover its doing the same thing; 144fps in menus and as soon as I'm in game it drops to sub 50fps.

So I decided to try turning SLI on, go to start the game, load in and its a solid 144 in game again.

The third time it happened I restarted the game and it went from 50fps the first time to 126-130 fps on the restart. That was without changing the gpu SLI too.

It pretty strange behavior but once it runs there's no degradation in the framerate. I have no other issues in any games or programs.  

I'm using a Dual screen setup with the primary monitor running 2560x1440 at 144 with gsync . Using 2x GTX 970.
I thought the gsync might have something to do with it , but in the past when ive had issues with gsync it always resulted in my frames being stuck at 23.

Again, amazing job on Project Hospital !
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Weird Performance Issue Empty Re: [OPEN] Weird Performance Issue

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:43 am
BigMeatSwangN wrote:Hi there, first off, wow! Great game.

Just wanted to mention an issue that i have been getting.

Whenever I launch the game everything is fine till I start a new game or load up a save, then my frames drop from 144 down to around 60 and depending on the map sub 30.
I thought it might be an SLI issue so I disabled it and it ran great. Later on I go to play some more with SLI off and discover its doing the same thing; 144fps in menus and as soon as I'm in game it drops to sub 50fps.

So I decided to try turning SLI on, go to start the game, load in and its a solid 144 in game again.

The third time it happened I restarted the game and it went from 50fps the first time to 126-130 fps on the restart. That was without changing the gpu SLI too.

It pretty strange behavior but once it runs there's no degradation in the framerate. I have no other issues in any games or programs.  

I'm using a Dual screen setup with the primary monitor running 2560x1440 at 144 with gsync . Using 2x GTX 970.
I thought the gsync might have something to do with it , but in the past when ive had issues with gsync it always resulted in my frames being stuck at 23.

Again, amazing job on Project Hospital !

Hi, thanks for the report (and support)!
With your GPU(s) I'm quite certain it's not related to graphics, generally the frame rate depends mostly on the CPU clock speed and on the number of active characters/procedures/moving stuff in the game. I still plan to do some optimizations when we've handled the major issues after release, but the realistic target is probably "stable above 60" given the Unity engine, C# backend etc.

Btw - what processor are your running on?

Cheers, Jan
BigMeatSwangN
intern

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:29 am
Hey Jan,

Makes sense, I'm using an i7 6700K @4ghz no overclock. In game,with a hospital of80 employees and serving about 55 people a day on speed 3, my cpu usage for project hospital was 19-20% and ram was  around 1,900MB its about the same when i start at 144 will it bottoms out at 1 fps.
I actually just upgraded to a rtx2080 , but now I've run into an issue. Before with the two cards when i switched between sli or single card in the NVIDIA window the game would run fine. Now with only one card, every time I load in the game the fps starts at 144 and gradually falls to 1 over a couple minutes but at that point the in-game time is at a crawl and it's not playable. I've tried multiple app restarts and re-installs. Each time it happens the same way .
Hope that helps

Also just want to say that this is such an amazing tycoon/management game, you all really did an amazing job! Thanks for all the hard work , especially post release.

-Derek
BigMeatSwangN
intern

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:13 am
So I saw other people talking about shutting down their virus protection and it solving the fps issue, mine is already off but it got me thinking about how to enable or disable SLI I always have to shut down several programs running in the toolbar. I went ahead a tried the usual programs and launched project hospital and I've been playing for two hours with no issues.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum