Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alfa
intern

[OPEN] Game not loading savegame Empty [OPEN] Game not loading savegame

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:08 pm
Description:
Saved game in campaign/tutorial 2.
Game stuck at loading...-screen. Can hear the music playing. Progress bar goes to 100%, but nothing more happens. Waited 5+ minutes.

Repro steps:
Attempt to load the attached save.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN] Game not loading savegame Empty Re: [OPEN] Game not loading savegame

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:27 pm
alfa wrote:Description:
Saved game in campaign/tutorial 2.
Game stuck at loading...-screen. Can hear the music playing. Progress bar goes to 100%, but nothing more happens. Waited 5+ minutes.

Repro steps:
Attempt to load the attached save.

Hi, sorry about the issue! Could you please try to re-upload the save? (If you had issues using the upload form here, feel free to link to a hosted file on any of the usual sevices).
Badger
intern

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:34 pm
Hi there, I have the same problem. Tried five times left for five minuets each time, re started my PC, still nothing.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:37 pm
Hi, thanks for adding your report!

Could either of you please attach the saved game and log, these should help us identify the issue or maybe find a workaround for you. Smile
Here's how to find the files:
https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t717-how-to-report-bugs

Cheers!
Badger
intern

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:48 pm
Cannot Find - AppData\LocalLow\Oxymoron Games\Project Hospital\maps

I have these files - Win: C:\Users\USERNAME

But cannot find AppData?
Badger
intern

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:52 pm
Here is the output log
Attachments
[OPEN] Game not loading savegame Attachment
Badger Output Log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(39 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:59 pm
Badger wrote:Here is the output log

Hi, thanks a lot for the log! We need to investigate further, but we see and error there that should point us in the right direction.
alfa
intern

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:18 pm
Guess I forgot to submit the file... anyways.
Attachments
test.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(234 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Bellets
medic

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:54 pm
Hi, i have the same issue, i played a little and i saved the game then i could load it normally. Then i saved again OVERWRITING the existing savefile and exit. When i logged again i couldn't load  the game anymore.
Here's log and savefile.
Attachments
Save + Log Bellets.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(365 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:28 am
Hi all, this workaround could help for now:
- Don't load the game straight away, go to sandbox and start any map
- Load your saved game from the ingame menu
Pyrukar
resident

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:27 pm
Hi, sadly the Work around doesnt really work for me Sad

if i load from main menue i get the described bug but if i follow the work around i get the main Map window all grey and only the HUD is correct. Also no time passes. I tried to track back the error in the autosaves and found one that worked fine ( but many hours are lost Sad )

Last working save
This one isnt working anymore Sad

Between the saves there is about 30min and i dont remember if i made a brake or the autosave function bugged ... also possible i designed another station and while building it doesnt autosave if im not mistaken Smile

hope you get this fixed soon its a very good game but i want my save back Smile
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:53 pm
Pyrukar wrote:Hi, sadly the Work around doesnt really work for me Sad

if i load from main menue i get the described bug but if i follow the work around i get the main Map window all grey and only the HUD is correct. Also no time passes. I tried to track back the error in the autosaves and found one that worked fine ( but many hours are lost Sad )

Last working save
This one isnt working anymore Sad

Between the saves there is about 30min and i dont remember if i made a brake or the autosave function bugged ... also possible i designed another station and while building it doesnt autosave if im not mistaken Smile

hope you get this fixed soon its a very good game but i want my save back Smile

Hi, I think I'll be able to fix this for the next patch, unlike the other saves this is something specific related to deleting rooms, in the meantime going to the last working autosave probably makes most sense.

Note: the game autosaves every day at 8 am and 8 pm.
Pyrukar
resident

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:00 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:

Hi, I think I'll be able to fix this for the next patch

when do you think this patch will be pushed live on GOG? I lost about 6 Hours of Gameplay and to be honest i dont want to repeat the whole process Sad it is one thing to build something new than to rebuild something you already build hours ago Sad
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:07 pm
Pyrukar wrote:
jan.oxymoron wrote:

Hi, I think I'll be able to fix this for the next patch

when do you think this patch will be pushed live on GOG? I lost about 6 Hours of Gameplay and to be honest i dont want to repeat the whole process Sad it is one thing to build something new than to rebuild something you already build hours ago Sad

In about a day, depending on how many other fixes we manage to get in.
Also I'd say save more often to be sure (also while building, when the game doesn't autosave), but it's likely it won't happen again in your playthrough, this is the only time we're seen something similar after months of testing the beta versions and now with thousands of players in the game.
Pyrukar
resident

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:15 pm
what does regular manual saving help if those saves get corupted as well ? i only shared some autosaves but i did a manual save bevor leaving the game which is also corupted Sad
MakaHost
medic

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:53 pm
Hey, hijacking this thread since my issue is also resulting in the savegame not being able to be loaded anymore.

What I can say though is that I was experiencing a different Bug while playing, which actually cause me to try to "save and reload", hoping that would fix it.

The Bug I experienced was related to the Emergency-Hospitalization and the Patient-Rooms stating they are "Not accessible for patients". I tried many things like designating a corridor-room from the patient-rooms to the front-door etc and it only "worked" after completely removing the doors and instead having an opening in the wall posing as a "door".

Then however, the patients assigned to the room would not actually go to the beds. Instead they were stuck endlessly drying their hands in the Bathroom. Trying to get rid of them and free-up the beds, I used the "send to a different hospital untreated"-option, which caused them to be picked-up and driven away, however they would still appear to claim the beds, so I pressed the button again changing their state to "Going home".
At this point I saved the game and tried to reload without success. Using the "workaround" of loading a different scenario and then the savegame simply results in a grey screen.

I attached the broken savegame and a output_log.txt from when I tried to load the game to this post.

EDIT: Fixed as of the latest patch
Attachments
Save+Log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(464 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by MakaHost on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Pyrukar
resident

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:49 am
okay, now its getting annoing ... i started a new level yesterday evening, saved it and get the same error with the gray mapwindow all the time Sad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum