Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
IllogicalMoodSwing
intern

[QUESTION] Every case from triggered events is a contusion Empty [QUESTION] Every case from triggered events is a contusion

Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:06 am
Hey folks! I'm playing through one of the Doctor Mode scenarios, and one of the insurance company goals was to finish two events in a row. This hospital currently only has radiology and medical labs operating, but the 12-ish patients who were brought in by ambulance (some from an accident type event, some from a natural disaster type) were all diagnosed with various contusions. Not even a single broken bone!
vojta.oxymoron
vojta.oxymoron
attending

[QUESTION] Every case from triggered events is a contusion Empty Re: [QUESTION] Every case from triggered events is a contusion

Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:22 pm
Hi! The events are thematical therefore the pool of the diagnoses is, for lack of better words, filtered by the type of the event. In addition, at the moment the patient has spawned the game AI will try to alter the patient's diagnosis according to the current state and progress of the hospital. The thought process behind this decision was something like this: Any dispatcher would rather send the patient with a broken femur to the Hospital in which is specialized orthopedy department is open. Also, the players would probably become frustrated by a large number of patients arriving at the hospital with diagnoses currently impossible to cure. As your hospital became more complex and a more specialized department will be open, the variety of event diagnoses will also become much broader.
IllogicalMoodSwing
intern

[QUESTION] Every case from triggered events is a contusion Empty Re: [QUESTION] Every case from triggered events is a contusion

Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:22 am
Ah, so broken bones don't appear without the orthpaedics department running?

Thank you for explaining the process to me. I love that the game doesn't present you with multiple patients who have conditions that can't be treated in our hospitals - it's a great gameplay mechanic!

I have another quick question: I know that you're no longer taking feature requests, but is your team still accepting QOL suggestions?
vojta.oxymoron
vojta.oxymoron
attending

Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:25 pm
Hi, I am glad to help! Smile

Yeah, it is based on department which is opened.

We generally only fix bugs at this late development stage, but if there's anything easy to improve, we might still have a look (there will probably be one more patch this year). That said, most of the 'low hanging fruit' kinds of items when it comes to user experience have been already addressed. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum