Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
duckyisquackers
intern

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] No video on start? Just a blue screen and music. Empty [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] No video on start? Just a blue screen and music.

Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:59 pm
Game displays a full screen blue hue that changes to a different colour. Music is heard. no key presses or mouse movements make anything happen.

❯ ./start.sh
Running Project Hospital
Set current directory to /home/aaronj/GOG Games/Project Hospital/game
Found path: /home/aaronj/GOG Games/Project Hospital/game/ProjectHospital.x86_64
Mono path[0] = '/home/aaronj/GOG Games/Project Hospital/game/ProjectHospital_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = '/home/aaronj/GOG Games/Project Hospital/game/ProjectHospital_Data/Mono/etc'
Unable to preload the following plugins:
       ScreenSelector.so
Display 0 'VX3276-QHD 32"': 2560x1440 (primary device).
Logging to /home/aaronj/.config/unity3d/Oxymoron Games/Project Hospital/Player.log

logfile attached
Attachments
[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] No video on start? Just a blue screen and music. Attachment
Player.log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
vojta.oxymoron
vojta.oxymoron
attending

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] No video on start? Just a blue screen and music. Empty Re: [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] No video on start? Just a blue screen and music.

Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:24 pm
Hi, thank you for bringing this up. I am afraid the problem might be related to Unity, I have also seen it in other games. Could you try to launch the game in a window instead of fullscreen (you can change this parameter in the launch window). That will hopefully fix it.

Let me know if it helped! If not, we can try to find another solution.
duckyisquackers
intern

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] No video on start? Just a blue screen and music. Empty Re: [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] No video on start? Just a blue screen and music.

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:43 pm
How do I launch it windowed?
I'm on the GOG Linux version and I usually run the start.sh script, does this accept options to run windowed?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:18 am
Hi, I double checked the current Linux GOG version, on my side the game first pops up the configuration window as expected, you can select resolution and windowed mode there:

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] No video on start? Just a blue screen and music. Config10

Btw, I don't remember us ever needing to try this, but there should indeed be a way to launch the game in windowed mode with this argument, the binary is in a subfolder 'game', so something like:

game/ProjectHospital.x86_64 -screen-fullscreen 0
duckyisquackers
intern

Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:34 am
I don't get that configuration window, however running
Code:
..../game/ProjectHospital.x86_64 -screen-fullscreen 0
runs the game in a window and works as expected. So will do as a workaround.
Are there any command line switches to set the size of the window?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:53 pm
Hi, the window should be resizeable - could you try to resize it by hand or maximize it? If that's not what you're after, I can try to find the Unity screen size switches.

duckyisquackers likes this post

duckyisquackers
intern

Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:48 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, the window should be resizeable - could you try to resize it by hand or maximize it?

D'oh! I didn't even try that!!
Thank you.

jan.oxymoron likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum