Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cachc
medic

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Keyboard controls don't work in game Empty [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Keyboard controls don't work in game

Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:54 am
Hello,

I use Steam
The keyboard controls were working OK but they stopped. Mouse controls work
I did the following before posting this:
- Verified the integrity of files
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
- Unsubscribed from the only mod I had (More Levels)
- Deleted all saved games
- Started a  new game

Still the same issue.

Thanks
Attachments
[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Keyboard controls don't work in game Attachment
NewMap.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Keyboard controls don't work in game Attachment
output_log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(41 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Keyboard controls don't work in game Empty Re: [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Keyboard controls don't work in game

Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:18 pm
Hi, thanks for letting us know about the issue and for attaching the log file! This is the first time we've seen anything like this, but according to the log, there's indeed a problem somewhere in the input system of the Unity game engine - looking at some related reports I found from other games, this could be caused be different peripherals like gamepads or joysticks. Do you have anything plugged to the PC apart from keyboard and mouse? Also, could you try to unplug and reconnect the keyboard before launching the game/while the game is running an see if it makes any difference?

Let us know if this helped!

cachc likes this post

cachc
medic

[RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Keyboard controls don't work in game Empty Re: [RESOLVED WORKAROUND] Keyboard controls don't work in game

Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:55 am
Thanks for the response,

Yes, I have a gamepad connected to the PC, I disconnected it and the now the keyboard works OK in game. The thing is that the gamepad was always connected, even before when the keyboard was working OK in game, very strange that it started to affect the game suddenly.

Thank you very much.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum