Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
medzernik
intern

[NEED MORE INFO]Log for the performance issues Empty [NEED MORE INFO]Log for the performance issues

Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:39 pm
I am attaching the log for performance issues (steam discussion)
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO]Log for the performance issues Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Log for the performance issues

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:53 am
medzernik wrote:I am attaching the log for performance issues (steam discussion)

Hi and thank you for your report. Can you please reattach the log and also save file would be awesome. We can check is there is not a hidden error, that might be causing the performance issues.
medzernik
intern

[NEED MORE INFO]Log for the performance issues Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Log for the performance issues

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:56 pm
Sure, I started a new one, absolutely loving the new DLC (you'll see how I built my hospital xD), however, I run right now on about 48 fps, I think it has something to do with the amount of stuff on screen, and not sure if multiple floors not being rendered actually help the performance. It'd be great if this could get improved in some patches, as I still miss 5 departments and you can imagine the lags later on..

Attaching the save and log

EDIT: Attaching my dxdiag as well
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO]Log for the performance issues Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(5.9 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
65.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.2 Mb) Downloaded 4 times
DxDiag.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(78 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:02 am
Hi, thanks a lot for the files - not sure yet if this is good news, but we have a possible culprit. I can see an error in the log file popping up every frame for certain periods of time and this alone could have a noticeable impact on performance. Most likely this is related to an examination changed by one of your installed mods as we haven't seen this in the vanilla game.

The bad news is that even if I run the game with the same mods installed, the issue doesn't currently show up and there's not enough specific info to identify the examination or at least the patient this is related to. For now I can at least try to add more info to the log for the next patch, in the meantime feel free to unsubscribe from the mods and let us know if it made a difference (these two shouldn't block you from loading your save).
medzernik
intern

Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:06 pm
I played a while without the mods (I actually forgot I have them installed) and indeed, the performance is better (around 50-60 FPS now) however, I still feel if I add more departments, it's gonna dip down to 30fps trying to render everything. I will expand the hospital soon and can let you know.

The lagging when zooming in/out while game running is mostly gone, so is a few lags, but the big lags at 20:00 and 00:00 and 07:00 still remain, it's kinda annoying, since once you start doing the doctor's work, and get into the rythm of diagnosing the patients (currently doing ER, trauma and burn department sorting and diagnosis), the lags and lower FPS kinda gets in the way.

Also the doctors changing shifts while patiens need emergency help is kinda strange.. But that's more of a suggestion than a bug.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:47 am
Hi, thanks for the update - I'm actually surprised that the mods made such a big difference, but I guess if you had some graphical mods installed that could have some extra impact especially because of how much GPU memory they can take up.

Btw, regarding the 20:00 and 7:00 stutters, that's coming from the autosave system - I assume you'd mind it less if the game popped up a message like 'Autosave created: autosave_H08.zip', right? Also feel free to disable the feature in options.
The midnight one is slightly different as the cause is mostly generation of patients and new employees for hire for the next day, not sure if there's a way to really avoid it. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum