Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
celticknight
medic

[QUESTION] "Shared" rooms aren't shared. Empty [QUESTION] "Shared" rooms aren't shared.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:39 am
I'll keep it simple with probably the biggest single bug I've seen in the game to date. (or if it isn't the biggest, i'm gonna ignore the others because...)

Anyway. Shared rooms are not shared.

Emergency Dept, Create. Create a lab, etc etc. in a basic clinic, super simple. (It doesn't work in the tutorial/campaign/sandbox/etc I've tried)

Create a Restroom. Assign it AS A REST ROOM. In ANY department.

You'd think it'll show up as a rest room in ALL departments wouldn't you? It doesn't.

If you go to another department and assign that department to that same restroom it removes it from other departments.

The game, in tutorial TELLS you these rooms are "Shared"

They ARE NOT. How on earth has this escaped QA? The games just updated to latest version, and the issue is still very much so there.

Or do "shared" rooms simply not exist? (Which is game breaking btw, I tried, I honestly did. I had a hospital with 3 floors... three quarters of the hospital was blasted "Restrooms" instead one on each level.

or you DO have one on each level but they are MASSIVE, like a quarter of the floor space.

Same result for EVERY "shared" room. Yeah.

"Shared Rooms" were ... most of the hospital. Instead of being, well, a hospital, it was a bunch of small kit rooms, feeding massive sectioned off rest rooms/break rooms/common areas.

and theres NO FIX FOR IT THAT I COULD FIND!!

Also, the issue completely broke the tutorial. The tutorial could not be finished with the game malfunctioning in such a way.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] "Shared" rooms aren't shared. Empty Re: [QUESTION] "Shared" rooms aren't shared.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm
Hi, this will be hopefully just a misunderstanding when it comes to how the sharing works. Generally the shared rooms aren't mandatory to be built in every department and for example if you only have restrooms at emergency, people from other departments will be happy to use these. Another example would be operating rooms - some departments do perform surgeries, but not too often, so it can be more efficient to add more ORs to general surgery that the other departments will use when needed.
celticknight
medic

[QUESTION] "Shared" rooms aren't shared. Empty Re: [QUESTION] "Shared" rooms aren't shared.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:48 am
I'll double check, but it shows the ward as being incomplete and unable to be used.

Not that people can't use the 'shared' room. but i'll check that
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum