Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ProHolmes
intern

Possible diagnoses table improvement Empty Possible diagnoses table improvement

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:21 pm
After dealing with another patient with only 2 symptoms, 1 hidden, who had 10 pages of fruitless examinations done, I came up with an idea that firstly it would be great not to just sort the diagnoses via department but filter them. If I have a guy who came directly to General Surgery I don't want to be bothered with all this huge possible diagnoses list (and for 1 revealed symptom it is huge) I want to concentrate on this department diagnoses. Also it would be great if I was given a tool to cross out symptoms which supposed to be revealed by finished exams but they didn't. It's really difficult to find the way through tons of possible diagnoses, symptoms, finished exams my docs did before I took this patient in my hands. By crossing out declined symptoms it would be much easier to see which are left and which future examination is better to choose next.
Having this feature as automatic one would be too cheaty, but it might be an option....
LukeStar
resident

Possible diagnoses table improvement Empty Re: Possible diagnoses table improvement

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:34 am
Maybe can add a negative result of a test, PE if the patient don't have fever, when I take his/her temperature, the icon of temperature appear in red in the diagnostic windows.with that I can match some essential symptoms to select or discharge some diagnostics
deMayn
intern

Possible diagnoses table improvement Empty Re: Possible diagnoses table improvement

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:40 pm
I agree, diagnoses should be department dependent. Why sent an orthopedic patient to gazillion lab tests instead of going to x-ray first? If I open a cardio unit at the beginning of the game, I spend most of my time sending patients from labs to angiograph. Otherwise they will run out of time and leave.

Also, doctors should first test for the illnesses that they can cure. Why search for zebras first?

mishelle89
resident

Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:57 pm
I disagree. You guys suggesting a cheat options
deMayn
intern

Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:35 am
It's not cheating. It's more realistic this way.
ProHolmes
intern

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:11 pm
mishelle89 wrote:I disagree. You guys suggesting a cheat options
Filtering departments is not a cheat if the patient is already in the special department.
Crossing out symptoms is not a cheat if user have to do it manually. You know if you have 30 possible diagnoses with tons of symptoms most of them a confirmed to be negative by completed tests. I can't hold that much data in my head at the same time I need to write it on a piece of paper.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum