Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DrAndy
DrAndy
attending

New Skills, Rooms and Animations Empty New Skills, Rooms and Animations

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
So, in the last days, I've tried to implement a new specialization for nurses "Advanced Practice Nurse" and a new room for ED and ORTHO "Plaster Cast Room", where nurses should work. Unfortunately, I can't modify Room Icons. Also, it seems that nurses are hardcoded - Game doesn't find/know/care about the new skills - I assume because of the missing <ParentSkill> ... nope, just adding a ParentSkill line, doesn't fix the problem.

My current state is: I've created a new role called "Plaster Cast Assistant" for Nurses, who have the Surgery Skill - they perform the plaster cast in a shared room for now. I still need a lot of testing. But I won't release it until I can adjust Room Icons.

Please Oxymoron allow us to add new Skills, Icons, and most important Animations: Modding community will raise into infinity. Would love if we could co-exist - While you are working on new gameplay mechanics, we could work on departments and so on.

Greetings, love this game,

Andy!

Butch, James, user947 and dogem85ever like this post

DrAndy
DrAndy
attending

New Skills, Rooms and Animations Empty Re: New Skills, Rooms and Animations

Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:16 am
I've spent so many hours modding nurses now. And I can't make them work, since the way they're coded atm is too limited. I'm experimenting a lot with the source code, but since I can't upload those changes to Workshop, it's useless and I don't want to mess around with your intellectual property. I'm currently working with Butch and James on a very big Realism Overhaul Mod and I really wanted to make nurses more useful. At the current game, it's also pretty disrespectful how nurses are portrayed.

So I've tried creating new nurses skills
- Not possible, since nurse skills are hardcoded. I've changed that

Experimenting with existing nurse skills, I've tried making a Cast room, where a nurse with the medical skill performs casting. Worked perfectly, but at the end of the process the game wants to give her XP points, but since she doesn't have a proper skill (treatments were supposed to be performed by lab guys and docs) they just stuck in end animation.

Log:
System.NullReferenceException at Lopital.SkillSet.AddPointsToAnyApplicableSkillLevel (.DatabaseEntryRef`1[] requiredSkills, Int32 value, GLib.Entity character) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Lopital.EmployeeComponent.AddPointsToAnyApplicableSkillLevel (.DatabaseEntryRef`1[] requiredSkills, Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Lopital.ProcedureScriptTreatmentProcedure.UpdateStateProcedureFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Lopital.ProcedureScriptTreatmentProcedure.ScriptUpdate (Single deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Lopital.ProcedureManager.Update (Int32 updateCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Please, guys, make the skill system a little bit more open. The modding community is really active atm and we're organized in a Discord. I can only highly recommend our wishlist, which was summarized by Sleepy here: https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t2834-modding-community-wishlist-20-08-20

dogem85ever likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum