Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Destari
intern

[NEED MORE INFO/RESOLVED] Elevators not placing on second floor Empty [NEED MORE INFO/RESOLVED] Elevators not placing on second floor

Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:47 pm
When placing elevators they do not appear on the second floor of the hospital.
Tests performed:

• Placing the elevator object on the second floor causes the elevator to disappear, while an elevator is placed on the ground floor
  • Placing the elevator object on the ground floor does not make it appear on the second floor
  • Placing an elevator zone using the room planner works on the first floor, but does not appear on the second floor
  • [**]Placing an elevator zone on the second floor causes it to appear on the first floor
    [**]All other rooms are placeable on the second floor. Flooring tiles also work on the second floor
  • Deleting all other elevators does not change the behavior.
  • All tests were performed in the default screen rotation, and were performed on multiple saves / reloads.

Attaching the logs and save file:
[Cannot attach logs or save file due to "storage space" bug going on]
Emailing the attachments as requested in bug thread.
Destari
intern

[NEED MORE INFO/RESOLVED] Elevators not placing on second floor Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO/RESOLVED] Elevators not placing on second floor

Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:57 pm
Sent an email to info@oxymoron.games as requested in the current forum bug thread.

Relevant links also posted here.

Steam discussion:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/868360/discussions/0/2261313417706664877/

Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12subjMkwY1TPnc3LPBIxkSYdJgS2mwVJ/view?usp=sharing
Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dN-2_FV03-GHlR4ZXCJisn-T0uW8Ai--/view?usp=sharing

Earlier saves from the same hospital:
previous save:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v7IEmgY0oVDCCgae_lqm0n11yqt9vXVN

first save:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=168ulwcj5-MWHev-03QXGOdxfqOrHfDeO
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO/RESOLVED] Elevators not placing on second floor Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO/RESOLVED] Elevators not placing on second floor

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 am
Hi, thanks a lot for all the details and welcome to the forum! We got the email as well.

While we can't easily open the save because of all the installed mods, when checking the xml directly I can see it was saved with a version of the game before Monday's patch with some important fixes (Project Hospital 1.2.19480 instead of 1.2.19532), so at this point it's definitely worth it to check if the latest version of the game helps - so far it seems to be the case according to other reports where we have been able to check the saves directly.

Btw - if you could figure out why the game didn't update automatically on your side, that would be also an interesting bit of information as well. Smile Thanks in advance!
Destari
intern

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:34 pm
I had updated the game through steam prior to testing that savegame. I also re-saved the game after the update to ensure that it was at the newest version.
Does this mean I am going to have to start that build over completely in order to fix the issue?

According to the game on the main menu I am running build 19532. I just re-saved the same and tested to have it fail again.
Mustard
intern

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:45 am
I'm having the same or a very similar issue.  See attached save file.  I've tried to build 3 elevators, but they're not showing up on the 2nd floor (one does have a floor on the 2nd floor).  

As  a side note I tried starting a new sandbox game, made a foundation, built an elevator, added a 2nd floor and it all looked fine.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO/RESOLVED] Elevators not placing on second floor Attachment
Hospital 8.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.3 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:13 am
Hi, thanks for the save - it looks like there's only ground floor and the roof (elevators don't go all the way up to the roof). I can see the roof has the default ground material so it looks like second floor, I'm not sure if the bug we unfortunately had in the game for a couple of days caused this.

Still, in the latest version everything seems to work ok, if you add a second floor, the elevators can be placed normally.
Mustard
intern

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:31 pm
I tried again today to add elevators and it is working fine.

Previously, I had tried to add a 2nd floor earlier (95% sure i did this, I definitely remember deselecting the checkboxes for copy walls and floors). Not sure what happened, but I think it's good now.
Destari
intern

Fri May 01, 2020 12:43 am
Did this require you to create a new playthrough or jump to an earlier save?
In other words, can this be resolved if you have already clicked the "Add a new floor" button?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum