Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ahmed007boss
medic

Arabic translation  Empty Arabic translation

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:11 pm
Does the game UI support  RTL language , i have tried to add arabic translation but i faced two problems as following :

•  Arabic is RTL language so the UI need to support RTL
  •  Arabic has a attached letters not like english separated but when i add a arabic word its letters appeared separated like english i guess something wrong with encoding
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Arabic translation  Empty Re: Arabic translation

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:07 pm
Hi, thanks for the message and welcome to the forum!

We did a bit of research at some point during development and unfortunately the Unity engine doesn't directly support RTL text. There are some third-party plugins, but they're either not compatible with the UI system we're using or would be really time consuming to implement, so I'm afraid it wouldn't be practical to introduce the functionality to the full game.

Btw - out of curiosity - when you're looking at the UI, can you see any obvious places where you feel like the whole layout would have to be changed instead of just updating the individual texts?

For future reference:
https://github.com/mnarimani/RTLTMPro
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/localization/i2-localization-14884
ahmed007boss
medic

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:51 pm
Yes it not just changing text , RTL language like Arabic and Hebrew must have a mirrored UI for example in a confirm dialog  if (Ok and cancel) buttons are in the right side of the dialog  in LTR UI they should be on the left side in RTL UI and also their positions should be swapped  

Actually i am a  developer (but not games) and  i have developed a lot of multilingual applications so I decompiled the Project Hospital code (sorry for that) to add some tweaks to improve my experience while i am playing the game , i have tried to apply RTL UI and solve encoding problem but i found it is a way too complicated to do that without unity3d editor itself

also i wanna thank you guys for very good effort and the brilliant game
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum