Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SagaciousZed
resident

[OPEN GOG] Crash on Main Menu Empty [OPEN GOG] Crash on Main Menu

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:27 am
Description
Crash on loading into main menu. Main menu loads and then crashes on first heartbeat of the main menu.

Reproduction Steps:
Start the game connected to the internet, wait for menu to load. Log attached as output_log_crash_on_menu,zip

Workaround:
disable internet connection. Log attached as output_log_start_offline.zip
Attachments
[OPEN GOG] Crash on Main Menu Attachment
output_log_crash_on_menu.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
output_log_start_offline.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN GOG] Crash on Main Menu Empty Re: [OPEN GOG] Crash on Main Menu

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:40 pm
Hi, thanks for letting us know!

Looking at the log, the last line is a confirmation of login to GOG Galaxy - while we haven't seen a similar report for Project Hospital, I found some reports about games crashing after a recent Galaxy update - could you try the following workaround?

"Try disabling the "overlay" option on the Galaxy Settings."
SagaciousZed
resident

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 am
Disabling the overlay in Galaxy did not resolve this crash.. Attached is the log with the overlay disabled output_log_menu_crash_gog_overlay_disabled.

I was also curious as to what level of connectivity would allow the game to load the menu, and it appears blocking outbound connection from the game with a software firewall will let it work. Seems like the game is fetching or failing to fetch something while it has a connection to the Internet is causing it to crash. The log of starting and sitting on the menu output_log_firewall_block.zip
Attachments
output_log_menu_crash_gog_overlay_disabled.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
output_log_firewall_block.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
SagaciousZed
resident

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 am
Actually, even more background, it only crashes on my new laptop show in the log, It works fine on my other computer which I was playing Project Hospital on first.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 am
Hi, thanks for the updates! The crash is clearly related to Galaxy, the game works as long as there's this error in the log:

Code:
Failed to sign in for reason FAILURE_REASON_GALAXY_SERVICE_NOT_SIGNED_IN

So, probably the least annoying workaround on your side would be to just launch the game exe directly, without Galaxy running at all.

I'm actually quite curious if any other games behave the same on your laptop, also - do you have the same version of Galaxy installed between your pc and your laptop?
SagaciousZed
resident

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:21 pm
That workaround, launching project hospital directly without galaxy running, doesn't work. Looking at the logs it is still able to login. I wonder if this has something to do with the galaxy setting to keep me logged in,

My last round of testing was done with both computers running the galaxy beta 1.2.26

Can't say for other GOG games on my laptop yet.
SagaciousZed
resident

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 pm
I tried BattleTech and Starbound, both start up and load into game without crashing on the main menu.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum