Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RayRoy
RayRoy
resident

[OPEN LOW] 3 Bugs In 1 Empty [OPEN LOW] 3 Bugs In 1

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:28 am
Hi, I decided to replay the campaign to recreate some of the most frequent bugs that I didn't report earlier.
For your convenience, I favorited only bugged patients and save where they can be found right after loading the file. I also doesn't have any mods installed nor edited any xml.

Bug #1
File Name: BugICUJohnHill

The patient John Hill doesn't have a sheet covering him, he isn't being intubated, and the equipment is not "activated." This isn't the first time this happens, but I decide to report it today. In other cases, the patient not being get transferred to other bed after procedure where they'll get covered normally, but in some case, such as this one, they do not.

Bug #2
File Name: BugNoSurgeryFrankWhite

Not sure if this is a bug, the surgical option for a patient, Frank White, is grayed out, despite that it worked fine for other patients. The only way I got this fixed is to place a free HDU room for him, but is this supposed to happen? I got patients in regular ward in the surgery all the time, is HDU required for a certain kind of surgery?

Bug #3
File Name: BugStuckDanaFoster

Dana Foster never left the office, both her and the doctor she's visiting stuck in the same animation. Even after her doctor's shift is up, he doesn't leave, and neither is she. The only fix is manually discharge the patient.
Attachments
[OPEN LOW] 3 Bugs In 1 Attachment
BugICUJohnHill.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
BugNoSurgeryFrankWhite.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
BugStuckDanaFoster.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.3 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] 3 Bugs In 1 Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] 3 Bugs In 1

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:55 pm
Hi, thanks for taking the time to write this down and gather the information! I think #3 will be the most important to check in detail, the second one is probably by design, different surgeries can require different types of hospitalization. I'll give you an update when we'll have looked at the saves.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
...and a quick update for #2 and #3, checking in both our current development version and the current Steam build:

The surgery in this case is abdominal surgery, so one of the more complicated ones. If you have a look at the tooltip, it mentions that required hospitalization is HDU - the reason/explanation is that the patients need higher level of care afterwards, so yes, as the player you are indeed expected to provide a free bed at the higher priority ward.

Looking at Dana Foster, she is under player control, so in this case the game waits for you to send each patient home - the patients don't leave automatically when the game considers them treated, so you have control over extra treatments for non-critical symptoms or are able run further examinations.
RayRoy
RayRoy
resident

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:06 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:...and a quick update for #2 and #3, checking in both our current development version and the current Steam build:

The surgery in this case is abdominal surgery, so one of the more complicated ones. If you have a look at the tooltip, it mentions that required hospitalization is HDU - the reason/explanation is that the patients need higher level of care afterwards, so yes, as the player you are indeed expected to provide a free bed at the higher priority ward.

Looking at Dana Foster, she is under player control, so in this case the game waits for you to send each patient home - the patients don't leave automatically when the game considers them treated, so you have control over extra treatments for non-critical symptoms or are able run further examinations.

Thanks for the quick response, I didn't realize that not all surgeries are the same, I'll keep that in mind and go over the tooltip again. I also didn't realize that this also works with outpatients (since I usually put only critical patients under my control). So it's not a bug, but a feature, and I'm getting even more impressed at how detailed it actually is.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:37 pm
Ok, great! And I'll try to have a look at the uncovered patients at ICU as well - it's just a 'cosmetic issue', but we understand it can somewhat break the immersion. If you manage to discover more details about when exactly it happens, of course let us know!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum