Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
thyrotoxic
intern

[RESOLVED] Nurse stuck outside with stretcher Empty [RESOLVED] Nurse stuck outside with stretcher

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:32 am
Hi there

Description:
A nurse (Anthony Collins) was stuck outside with a stretcher (West side of map). Moving back and forth rapidly. Firing the nurse did not help the situation (nor reloading the save or restarting the game). He's not left the map even after a few days waiting.

Edit:Even whilst paused the nurse is shuddering back and forth.

Repro steps
Unknown. I didn't notice anything amiss until I had a warning saying my ortho department did not have enough stretchers. The nurse has not been fired in the attached autosave.

I am using the following mods:
https://i.imgur.com/WRX1dAm.png

Attached
Save file with bug. (I didn't notice the bug until after my autosaves had reset)
Output log
Screenshot

Loving the game btw! Does bring back the theme hospital nostalgia except the "realism" makes it so much better.  First proper bug I've noticed since I picked it up again after launch. Thanks for supporting this way after you've released it!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Nurse stuck outside with stretcher Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Nurse stuck outside with stretcher

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:08 pm
Hi, welcome to the forums and thanks for both the support and the bug report! Smile

While we might not be able to investigate the save directly because of all the mods installed, there's a couple of error messages in the log that could point us in the right direction (luckily the log covers the point when the issue started).

Btw - have you recently moved/deleted some elevators in your hospital by any chance?
thyrotoxic
intern

[RESOLVED] Nurse stuck outside with stretcher Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Nurse stuck outside with stretcher

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 pm
I deleted and then re-added in the same place some elevators a good few hours before I noticed the bug. Don't think it's super related.

I did build an operating theatre with the copy tool off a section of building in mid-air. I then changed my mind and deleted it and the foundations after running the game for a few (in-game) hours. The theatre would have had a stretcher in it. Could possibly be the cause of the issue?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:12 am
Hi, just a quick update/explanation: I can see an error related to elevators in the log about one real-world hour before the end of the file and from that point there's a repeating error related to a nurse with a stretcher, so there's a pretty clear connection. Smile
We have a fix of the first error ready for the next patch, so hopefully it will prevent this from happening again in the future.
thyrotoxic
intern

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:37 pm
Brilliant, thanks for your help!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum