Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DrBones
intern

[OPEN]Moved workspace into other dept room. Employee became unassignable.  Empty [OPEN]Moved workspace into other dept room. Employee became unassignable.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:37 pm
I needed to use the reception space for histology lab.

I used the drag-select feature of the prefab footer menu and chose furniture including the receptionist workspace.
I moved it into another area that at that time belonged to another department, planning on redrawing the floor plan to match the moved furniture.
The workspace stood as unassigned. I hired an employee.

I then deleted the "room" in management mode that containted the area where the reception workspace originally was. This resulted in a popup message that the receptionist lost her workspace. Note that this was not when I moved the workspace away from the room, but when the room was deleted.

I used her employee card to assign her to the receptionist workstation. I finished redrawing the floor plan. I thought all would be good and dandy even though I would then have TWO receptionist.

I play on, but suddenly I get a message saying that she is going home because she has no workspace even though her portrait is on the assigned workspace.
Attachments
[OPEN]Moved workspace into other dept room. Employee became unassignable.  Attachment
output_log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(286 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
[OPEN]Moved workspace into other dept room. Employee became unassignable.  Attachment
Jennifer Walker has no workspace.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.9 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN]Moved workspace into other dept room. Employee became unassignable.  Empty Re: [OPEN]Moved workspace into other dept room. Employee became unassignable.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:08 am
DrBones wrote:I needed to use the reception space for histology lab.

I used the drag-select feature of the prefab footer menu and chose furniture including the receptionist workspace.
I moved it into another area that at that time belonged to another department, planning on redrawing the floor plan to match the moved furniture.
The workspace stood as unassigned. I hired an employee.

I then deleted the "room" in management mode that containted the area where the reception workspace originally was. This resulted in a popup message that the receptionist lost her workspace. Note that this was not when I moved the workspace away from the room, but when the room was deleted.

I used her employee card to assign her to the receptionist workstation. I finished redrawing the floor plan. I thought all would be good and dandy even though I would then have TWO receptionist.

I play on, but suddenly I get a message saying that she is going home because she has no workspace even though her portrait is on the assigned workspace.

Hi, thank you for your report. You are talking about Jennifer Walker from Orthopeady? I took a look at your save and everything seems to be running fine. Jennifer went home because she was assigned for a day shift and will arrive in the morning. Is there something else there that i might be missing?
DrBones
intern

[OPEN]Moved workspace into other dept room. Employee became unassignable.  Empty Re: [OPEN]Moved workspace into other dept room. Employee became unassignable.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:55 pm
Yes, that's her.

Are you able to load the start of first campaign mission, then do the following:
Use prefab build menu to rectangle select something including orthopeady reception workspace.
Move the workspace into the adjacent corridor.

This caused the workspace to become unassigned. Is this correct? How would I reach her employee card to reassign her? Will she re-appear if I created a workspace in her original reception area?
I understand that the workspace was moved into an area where she could not work. I believe this is the point at which the game should've asked me what to do about her employment.

Next:
Delete the orth. reception area "room".

This is the point at which the game asked me what to do about JW.

I assigned her to a workstation (since there are two, this may or may not have been her original seat). I believe I received another notification later that she went home due to not having a desk, but I may have confused it with the undeleted notification from when I deleted the room. There is a reason why I'm still in first campaign mission.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:37 pm
DrBones wrote:Yes, that's her.

Are you able to load the start of first campaign mission, then do the following:
    Use prefab build menu to rectangle select something including orthopeady reception workspace.
   Move the workspace into the adjacent corridor.

This caused the workspace to become unassigned. Is this correct? How would I reach her employee card to reassign her? Will she re-appear if I created a workspace in her original reception area?
I understand that the workspace was moved into an area where she could not work. I believe this is the point at which the game should've asked me what to do about her employment.

Next:
  Delete the orth. reception area "room".

This is the point at which the game asked me what to do about JW.

I assigned her to a workstation (since there are two, this may or may not have been her original seat). I believe I received another notification later that she went home due to not having a desk, but I may have confused it with the undeleted notification from when I deleted the room. There is a reason why I'm still in first campaign mission.

Hi and thank you for the additional information. After closer examination, we will be adding the notification about loosing the workspace sooner, as soon as you move her place. Not after deleting the room.
And yes that is the reason for the place becoming unassigned. And even you recreate the place it will remain unassigned. You must manually assign her again. Either from the card or by clicking on the workplaces 3 dots on the side. And if you can't find her, you can use the employee tables in the management mode to locate her.

DrBones
intern

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:31 pm
Could you also be kind an tell me why surgeries aren't happening? The department is all green, but the patients are just queuing up and the staff who are to do the surgery sit tight and wait in the on-call rooms.

This is not a part of the bug report.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am
DrBones wrote:Could you also be kind an tell me why surgeries aren't happening? The department is all green, but the patients are just queuing up and the staff who are to do the surgery sit tight and wait in the on-call rooms.

This is not a part of the bug report.

You need to check the patient's card. It should tell you what the patient is waiting for.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum