Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tuckergti
intern

Insurance profit  Empty Insurance profit

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:35 pm
Hi,
I absolutely love the game and I know it’s still early so there will be a few kinks and bugs to workout. With that being said though, the amount of money you should get from the insurance companies should be based on not only the diagnosis, but if there is surgery involved, how many days they are hospitalized for, and if they require ICU or not (which obviously is going to be very expensive for the insurer).For example, if a patient is in heart failure and is hospitalized with surgery, I will only get paid 1200 for example even if they require ICU or are hospitalized for a few days. This needs to be adjusted and increased if they are hospitalized normally, HMU, or ICU.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Insurance profit  Empty Re: Insurance profit

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:51 pm
Hello!

Well, the prices paid for each diagnosis were designed like you have written. The differences are coming from the necessary examinations and treatments.
Simple diseases, that could be diagnosed in Doctor's office and its treatments consists of few pills have lower prices. More equipment/specialized methods/ surgeries you need to use to correctly diagnose the patient more money you'll get.
But  if a player use some methods that are not necessary  - he looses only time - he will get the exact amount of money like if he did not do it.

Also there are bonuses frok the insurance companies and also based on the overall prestige Wink
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:29 pm
I was thinking about this myself and came to the conclusion that cost should be based on treatments rather than diagnoses. 2 patients could be diagnosed with the same thing but one may have 2 extra symptoms resulting in extra treatments. The patient needing extra care pays more than the one who didn't need the Ice Wrap or the IV Infusion. This would also reward players who take control of patients care and look for ALL symptoms that are hidden and treat them.
lookatjake
medic

Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:46 pm
I agree with the overall theory, but then I think that diagnoses that require surgery or if a patient crashes, they should have to pay more.
Tuckergti
intern

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:51 am
igor.oxymoron wrote:Hello!

Well, the prices paid for each diagnosis were designed like you have written. The differences are coming from the necessary examinations and treatments.
Simple diseases, that could be diagnosed in Doctor's office and its treatments consists of few pills have lower prices. More equipment/specialized methods/ surgeries you need to use to correctly diagnose the patient more money you'll get.
But  if a player use some methods that are not necessary  - he looses only time - he will get the exact amount of money like if he did not do it.

Also there are bonuses frok the insurance companies and also based on the overall prestige Wink

Interesting, because I have not seen this but instead they only get charged whatever the diagnosis is, not by day or how many days they are hospitalized nor by the amount of tests. Could be a bug?
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:29 am
Tuckergti wrote:

Interesting, because I have not seen this but instead they only get charged whatever the diagnosis is, not by day or how many days they are hospitalized nor by the amount of tests. Could be a bug?

Every diagnosis has its certain price - it is not changing. If you will use 5 different lab tests its price will not be higher, nor the amount of hospitalization days has this effect.
So it is not a bug Wink
Tuckergti
intern

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:12 pm
igor.oxymoron wrote:
Tuckergti wrote:

Every diagnosis has its certain price  - it is not changing. If you will use 5 different lab tests its price will not be higher, nor the amount of hospitalization days has this effect.
So it is not a bug Wink

Ahhh okay! So wouldn’t it make more sense to charge more for ICU you though? Cause that’s the way it works here in the US at least, not sure of other countries.
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:15 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Like I said, I'd charge per treatment rather than diagnosis
sloopy88
sloopy88
resident

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 pm
sgcouk wrote:Like I said, I'd charge per treatment rather than diagnosis

Definitely agree. There should also be a per day charge, as well, and it should be different for all of the levels (ed observation, inpatient regular, hdu, and icu)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum