Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cantora
resident

[SUGGESTION] - Patient transfered out due to no regular beds Empty [SUGGESTION] - Patient transfered out due to no regular beds

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:53 am
Hi Team,

I just had a case pop up where a patient after surgery was being transfered from HDU to regular. There was 8 free HDU beds but no free regular and due to this they were transfered out of the hospital. In a real world scenario - as I can attest to - they would be left in HDU until a regular bed became free. If HDU availability became an issue and there was a need for their bed, then it would be a problem.

This is a general oversight, hence I don't have a specific save (TBH I did not save the game  as I hadn't fully realised what was going on before I had it keep going).

I think patients who are being downgraded shouldn't be transfered away unless their bed is in high demand.

I'm posting this as a bug as I think it's more of a bug than a suggestion.
1313e
resident

[SUGGESTION] - Patient transfered out due to no regular beds Empty Re: [SUGGESTION] - Patient transfered out due to no regular beds

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:17 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I fully agree to this, since it annoys me as well.
Additionally, I would then also like to flag a related problem, where a patient simply needs a regular bed (not having been hospitalized before) and does not get assigned automatically to an HDU if no regular beds are available.
I can kinda see why this was done playwise, since it can be really annoying if your HDU gets flooded with patients that should be at regular, but it is even more annoying when you have multiple HDUs available and a patient gets transferred away since no (worse) regular bed was available.

Maybe there is a possibility to add an option to the game settings, where you can enable/disable that patients can be assigned to higher hospitalization levels if the required level has no beds available.
cantora
resident

[SUGGESTION] - Patient transfered out due to no regular beds Empty Re: [SUGGESTION] - Patient transfered out due to no regular beds

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:41 pm
1313e wrote:I fully agree to this, since it annoys me as well.
Additionally, I would then also like to flag a related problem, where a patient simply needs a regular bed (not having been hospitalized before) and does not get assigned automatically to an HDU if no regular beds are available.
I can kinda see why this was done playwise, since it can be really annoying if your HDU gets flooded with patients that should be at regular, but it is even more annoying when you have multiple HDUs available and a patient gets transferred away since no (worse) regular bed was available.

Maybe there is a possibility to add an option to the game settings, where you can enable/disable that patients can be assigned to higher hospitalization levels if the required level has no beds available.

Absolutely - I'm having that exact issue right now. There's 4 free HDU beds but all regular beds are in use. Even if they did not fix this as a bug, There could be an optional perk with Chief Doctors that allow this to happen, or allow you to use another departments bed if necessary
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:23 pm
Hello everybordy - thanks for your reports!

Actually this issue is not a bug.

Let me explain it: hospitalization depends on the actual stance of patient - if patient is mobile or he need some simple treatment (minimal invasive surgery/ simple treatment procedure) he belongs to Regular ward. If patient is not mobile or he need some serious surgery he belongs to HDU.

Also there is another variable - symptom hazard - you can move manually a patient from regular ward to HDU, if he has high/medium hazard symptom. And also you can move manually a patient from HDU to Regular ward, if he has his high hazard symptom(s) suppressed.

Also it is much about management - maybe it will be better to have more beds on both types of wards to prevent ward get flooded by patients.

All suggestions that you have mentioned we will definetely consider in some future update.
cantora
resident

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:13 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
igor.oxymoron wrote:Hello everybordy - thanks for your reports!

Let me explain it: hospitalization depends on the actual stance of patient - if patient is mobile or he need some simple treatment (minimal invasive surgery/ simple treatment procedure) he belongs to Regular ward. If patient is not mobile or he need some serious surgery he belongs to HDU.

Also there is another variable - symptom hazard - you can move manually a patient from regular ward to HDU, if he has high/medium hazard symptom. And also you can move manually a patient from HDU to Regular ward, if he has his high hazard symptom(s) suppressed.

Also it is much about management - maybe it will be better to have more beds on both types of wards to prevent ward get flooded by patients.

All suggestions that you have mentioned we will definetely consider in some future update.

Thanks for the response Igor. I can say from a fair bit of experience that patients are left in higher priority bedding if no regular bedding is available - and high priority bedding is not in high demand - which is why it'd be good if this was either a feature of the game or a perk that head doctors could have that would unlock this capability.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:05 am
cantora wrote:
igor.oxymoron wrote:Hello everybordy - thanks for your reports!

Thanks for the response Igor. I can say from a fair bit of experience that patients are left in higher priority bedding if no regular bedding is available - and high priority bedding is not in high demand - which is why it'd be good if this was either a feature of the game or a perk that head doctors could have that would unlock this capability.

Well - if there will be a some respective perk - it will be given to docs very randomly and the transfer should occurr rarely - maybe we can implement another feature that will be binded to doctors level in the future Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum