Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DeathLoveCrymo
DeathLoveCrymo
intern

[RESOLVED BACKLOG] Can't place custom prefab. Empty [RESOLVED BACKLOG] Can't place custom prefab.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:26 am
Description:
I made a custom prefab of my early stage ER and radiology but I can't place it, error says "This prefab can only be placed indoors." Other custom prefabs can be placed anywhere without building foundations. This prefab is so large, and the entire point was to save the time, energy and money of making mistakes the first time around.

Repro steps
Start a 96 x 96 sandbox mode.
Create waiting room and reception
Create an ER with doctors offices, restrooms, closets, stat lab
Create radiology with Xray, waiting area and restrooms.
Save entire layout as a prefab.
Start new sandbox mode (increase loan amount as needed).
Place design - see error message.

Attached
Screenshot of prefab and error message.
Attachments
[RESOLVED BACKLOG] Can't place custom prefab. Attachment
prefab.png Screenshot of prefab and error message.You don't have permission to download attachments.(4.1 Mb) Downloaded 5 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED BACKLOG] Can't place custom prefab. Empty Re: [RESOLVED BACKLOG] Can't place custom prefab.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:40 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, thanks for the report!

If a prefab contains a single room, it knows it needs to place foundations, for more complex structures it's not supported yet - I'm marking this as 'backlog' as making this automatic for more complex layouts is definitely a good idea.
At this point it should work fine if you place foundations first - the cost should be also the same, as when prefabs add foundations automatically, the cost is added up.
DeathLoveCrymo
DeathLoveCrymo
intern

[RESOLVED BACKLOG] Can't place custom prefab. Empty Re: [RESOLVED BACKLOG] Can't place custom prefab.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:40 pm
Thanks for the response. Hope support is added soon.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum